Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Denon 2113 always registration

Denon 2113 always registration

Hello People,

I have an issue with my receiver Denon 2113 and spotify. Every time i start spotify, I have to enter my login credentials an accept their terms. Is there a way to save those?

btw: i have a premium account.

62 Replies

Hi

I got the same issue on my new piccolo, is it still no solution for this?

Only to create a new Spotify account?

Hi All

Since I undated the firmware on my Denon 2113 a few weeks ago, the Spotify application build into the amp works fine for the first time ever. Dont have to log on each time - it seems 100%.

No radio, but that is not available in any partner apps yet. Would be nice to sort that so I dont have to keep using pandora.

Unfortunately it still seams to remain for Ceol Piccolo. Will head down to the store and hear what they have to say. 

I wish this was the case for me, but my Denon 2113 AV Receiver behaves exactly the same as other members here: everytime I open Spotify it treats me like a first-time user and requests my login credentials. I add those and use Spotify fine, but the next time I return to Spotify on the Receiver I am once again prompted to input my credentials. This wouldn't be such a big deal if I could use a real keyboard but I have to use the on-screen keyboard which is a REAL pain to use.

I have the latest Denon Firmware installed by the way.

Will this problem ever be addressed? It is SO frustrating!

I had my Denon in for service for 2 weeks, got it back and it behaved in the same way. I had to return it and looking for another solution now.

I'm afraid the only "working" solution is to create new spotify accounts til you get one that works....

Problem fixed for me! I emailed Spotify support and also Denon support with this problem and I must say both of them have been very helpful with their suggestions.

I was given a test login from Spotify which I used to login on the AV Receiver. It worked fine and allowed me to switch to other sources and back again without dropping off. I switched the receiver off and on again several times and the account was always there when I switched to Spotify.

It was suggested I try changing my Spotify password which I did and then logged back into Spotify on the receiver. Sadly, no change - the account always dropped off when switching away and back again.

Spotify support also offered to move my playlists over to a new account if I wanted to try setting up a new account. So I decided to try that next (something that had solved the problem for others in this thread).

Luckily I had another email address and so created a new account and chose the 30 day Premium trial. I added my credit card which wouldn't be billed for 30 days. Then I logged into the Denon, browsed around then switched to other sources and back again.... and Y-E-S, it went straight back into Spotify without prompting!

I switched the amp off and on, tried other sources and then went back to Spotify - and straight in everytime.

Finally I emailed Spotify support and requested they move my playlists across to the new account. Within a couple of hours - on a Saturday I might add, that was done and now I have all my playlists back, all visible on the receiver anytime.

So, although it might sound like a hassle, it really only took 5 minutes to set-up the new account and email Spotify requesting my playlists be transferred across.

YES!!! Firmware on my denon avr3313 updatet and iphoneapp updatet - finally this problem is solved for me.

Denon and Spotify are really bad.

I have a new Denon AVR X2000 and when I try logging in it keeps saying username already exists. It worked for one day and then I turned my amp off when going to bed. Since then not working at all....

So impossible to connect to spotify. Any ideas.

THanks for your help

Nick

New X2000 here - Spotify will play for around a second and then crashes out to the main network menu. Not happy

Just a quick reminder - Denon tech support should be your first port of call on issues with their equipment.

Same here. X2000 spotify hangs, screen flashes green and I'm kicked out to the Network screen. Something about network assigning on front display...All other network features work dust fine.

And same here. Did you find solution for this problem?

Unfortunately not.

Neither did I nor DENON US did.

I have already tried: microprocessor reset, master reset, changing spotifypassword or even manually flashing latest firmware using USB key.

Funny thing is that I went for Denon and not for Yamaha because of "spotify support" - silly me..

Another fun fact is that In my country Denon came up with a lottery where you can win a 3 month subscription... Cool

I have an X-4000 and had the same problem. I dide the following:

1) Change my active Spotify account password on the web interface

2) Create a new account in Spotify and use the premium for a month trial which does not cost anything (if you cancel it before the end of the month)

3) Start Spotify on the amp

4) When prompted with wrong password I use the new user.

It works now, the question is it due to the Denon not being able to cope with my Stared Items and Playlist size or is it due to Spotify account behaving differently (I started using Spotify as soon as it was available.) 

Ok Finally got it solved - thanks spotthecat your post just set me in the right direction. 🙂

There is no need to create another spotify account.

The reason of all the troubles are large playlists.

I was observing one playlist with trance music which was 9999 songs in size.

After unsubscribing from this playlist everything started to work.

After subscribing to another 1000 song list stability degraded again.

So there is currently one solution : AVOID LARGE PLAYLISTS.

It seems that DENON firmware tries to cache song names of all playlists in background - and it cannot handle them.

Denon please bless us with Spotify Connect support.

Thanks for sharing your solution!

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

taw6 is the same person as spotthedog, I did some playing and my AVX-4000 works now after I deleted a 13,000 play list.

I still have lots of playlists upto maybe 500 songs.

My Samsung TV never had this issue so we can conclude that the Denon Spotify software architecture is not very good and at least poor.

Worked for me too. Thanks for the solution.

ok now the nightmare is back, since Denon Ceol update yesterday, I just CAN't play ANYTHING from spotify. I can get my playlists, see the titles blabla, but as soon as I want to PLAY something , be it from playlists/starred/returned search, anything, bam, it stalls for 10 seconds before displaying "EMPTY"...

wtf ???

I already lost 9 **bleep**ing months between buying the Ceol Piccolo and getting a working update months ago, and now we're back to square zero ??? 

Same problem here, even with short playlists. Spotify working fine on iPhone over the same network.

Suggested posts