Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

$12.99 charge?

$12.99 charge?

Hi,

So I recently upgraded to Premium from my phone, and I've been charged for a month at $12.99; this charge was accompanied by a free seven days. Has this happened to anyone else? How do you suggest I go about getting it remedied?

Thanks so much!

Vince

15 Replies

Did you pay via the Apple App Store (which is more expensive than normal Premium)?

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I did...is there any way to be credited?

Didn't the apple store show the $12.99 charge? The reason you pay more through apple is that they take a 30% commisiion but it shouldn't be hidden. If you're unhappy, you need to ask apple for a refund.

I gather that you get charged $12.99 plus tax so it might come out to $14 and change knowing how much tax apple charges for their in app purchases. I do not know why this is but I do know that it is not like this for everything. Two other services that subscribed to in the past through iTunes charged $9.99 a month plus 89 cents for tax bring the total to $10.88 per month. However, another service purchased through iTunes cost $14.99 per month plus $1.33 bringing the total cost to $16.32 per month. Purchased directly, the same service costs $9.99 per month. Not sure why it is the way it is but it's good to hear that Spotify can now be purchased trhough iTunes for those who rather not use a credit card albet at the cost of pay a few dollars more a month. By the way when did Spotify premium become available for purchase through iTunes?

Subscribing through iTunes became available a couple of days ago I believe.

Yup - very recently! 🙂

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

darn I bought this on impulse through the App Store and just figured it'd be the usual $10 (I get premium sporadically) and ended up paying $13 instead. Kind of feel cheated.

Such is the life of being an Apple customer...get used to being cheated. 

{Typed from my Apple Macbook Pro}

If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution!
Twitter | LinkedIn | Instagram
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

Is the $12.99 a 1 time fee or does iTunes charge it monthly?

It is a monthly charge.

I had the same problem. I was listening to my music via iPad 4 when I got the msg my free trial was up. So when I saw $12.99 I refused it. Then I checked on my Android Galaxy Note 3 Spotify and it was only $9.99 a month with a 30 day free trial. I choose to upgrade my Spotify account to premium through android vs IOS. Better choice. And now I can listen on IOS and Android for only $9.99 a month. I hope this helped.

I also had a random charge. I didn't purchase anything off of the app or site. I recieved a random $9.99 charge. No notifications were given about the purchase... What gives?

@rogue_brodie

If you believe you were charged with fraud, you will need to contact support

https://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-support/

If you get an automated reply email telling you to check the help section or the community, you need to reply back to it, even if it's from a no-reply address.

Support usually replies within 24-48 hours.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

They charge me 14.99 and never ask about the premium what **bleep** how can change the $9,99

They charge me 14.99 and never ask about the premium what **bleep** how can change the $9,99

Suggested posts