Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Account Randomly Changed to Telia

Solved!

Account Randomly Changed to Telia

Hello!

I logged into my spotify account the other day (I had free), and noticed that my account was listed as a Spotify premium account, that my account's country had randomly switched to Denmark, and that it said my subscription (again, I've only ever used free) was now associated with some company called Telia.

I believe my account has been hacked. I have never, ever, signed up for Spotify premium, never even heard of Telia, and I've used the contact form to try and get this resolved, three times, and heard nothing back. I would just like my account to be deleted completely 🙂 I can provide you all the tracker numbers from my email requests if you need any verification, I just want my account deleted.

Thank you in advance!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi there,
Welcome at the Spotify Community!

I'm sorry to hear you've issues with your account and nobody replied to your case yet.

When you sent a request through the contact form, did you get an automated confirmation (the one which redirects you to the Community) reply back? If yes, did you reply to it?

If not, please reply to the automated message (even when it says no-reply) so a Spotify employee can get back to you as soon as possible.

If you haven't got a reply after 24 hours, please let me know your Case ID so I can escalate the message with Spotify.

Thank you!

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi there,
Welcome at the Spotify Community!

I'm sorry to hear you've issues with your account and nobody replied to your case yet.

When you sent a request through the contact form, did you get an automated confirmation (the one which redirects you to the Community) reply back? If yes, did you reply to it?

If not, please reply to the automated message (even when it says no-reply) so a Spotify employee can get back to you as soon as possible.

If you haven't got a reply after 24 hours, please let me know your Case ID so I can escalate the message with Spotify.

Thank you!

Support usually replies within 24-48 hours.

If you still have not gotten a reply:

Did you get a confirmation email from the contact form? It should be similar to "Spotify Support Case #XXXXXXX". If so, reply back to that email and tell them you still need help.

If you got an automated reply email telling you to check the help section or the community, you need to reply back to it saying you still need help, even if it's from a no-reply address.

If you never got an email, look in your spam folder to see if there is an email in there. Make sure you are checking the email account you used on the contact form.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Thanks for the reply, I did receive an email and responded to it about a day ago - still have not heard back.

The email I received from Spotify asked me to send any fraudulent transactions associated with spotify and my credit cards / paypal - to my knowledge there have been none...I never associated a credit card or paypal with spotify...because I was on free.

It seems like this might be a really weird situation and I'm trying to be understanding of that, but I have to say I'm a little disappointed with how long it's taking to resolve this when my initial request was to simply delete the account...since I'm not sure how this upgrade or association with Telia happened and I'm a little bit concerned that it was allowed to happen without my consent.

Hello again!

It has been over a week and nobody seems eager to resolve this one 🙂 is there any way to get in contact with Spotify via phone or a direct email that I could perhaps explain this a little better? I would just like my account to be deleted, at this point. I've sent several replies to my previous messages and not received a satisfactory answer.

Thanks,

Hey @jsk001

Apologies for the delay here. Could you get back to me with the case number of your support request? I'll chase this up for you.

Thank you!

I'm seeing 2 different case #'s from my emails with Spotify:

Hello,

I've been a Spotify free user for some time and this same thing happened to me today. I do not live in Europe and my account is now associated with Telia in Denmark, and is premium. I've never paid for spotify and I do not believe I had any purchasing information saved with them, but I am concerned about an account hack. I see that someone else had a similar issue. Could someone help resolve my issue as well?

Thanks very much.

Suggested posts