Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Account gone back to free

Solved!

Account gone back to free

Can someone please look into my account. I paid for a familt account last month and have just noticed that it has turned back to a free account.

Not a happy customer here.

receipt / order number

172 Replies
Marked as solution

I recommend contacting Spotify Cares on Facebook, they answered me in within a few days my case was solved, they just asked for my email, case number and date of birth as well as country of residence for security purposes, then they applied a month of premium for the £10 I had paid

Thanks, @Joshbase. Will do. I'm trying everything at once this time. Really glad to hear they fixed the issue for you!

This is ridiculous I've been without paid premium for two weeks now and have been waiting 10 days for response from support without any results. If nothing happens soon i will go further with this case to the swedish konsumentverket and report Spotify. 

I was promised by @Meredith that my case was with "the right team" a week ago, and I've heard nothing. I sent a message with the case number to SpotifyCares (laughable) on Facebook last week; they sent back the message "Thanks for the case #, we'll get that over to the right team now. Someone should be in touch with you soon. Watch that inbox!". Oh, I've been watching "that inbox" for 12 days since I first submitted (and REPLIED TO, @MattSuda) the automated email I received. At this point, it's more out of morbid curiosity to see if Spotify will do anything about this. I'm about to export the contents of these threads and send them out to social media so those who still have Spotify can see what awaits them as soon as an issue arises.

@Domingsm

Sorry for the late reply to your post here.

Did support ever reply back to you? If not, please let me know and I will get your case looked into as soon as possible.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

@Domingsm wrote:

@I was promised by @meahtenoha that my case was with "the right team" a week ago, and I've heard nothing. I sent a message with the case number to SpotifyCares (laughable) on Facebook last week; they sent back the message "@Thanks for the case #, we'll get that over to the right team now. Someone should be in touch with you soon. Watch that inbox!". Oh, I've been watching "that inbox" for 12 days since I first submitted (and REPLIED TO, @MattSuda) the automated email I received. At this point, it's more out of morbid curiosity to see if Spotify will do anything about this. I'm about to export the contents of these threads and send them out to social media so those who still have Spotify can see what awaits them as soon as an issue arises.

Hey @Domingsm I can see our team has already been in touch. Did you receive our last email? Please be sure to check your inbox for that message as well. 

I did finally receive a response-- but only after I send a message to SpotifyCares on Facebook; then I received an email; then I can to contact them again via Facebook when there was again a lag in communication. It seems pretty silly to me that in order to get any type of response, you have to be a member of some kind of third party social media. I sent a message on a Friday, and they had my account fixed by the end of the following week. I'm not pleased that it took almost an entire month to resolve the issue, but I am glad that it was resolved at least in time for the last two weeks of training before my 10k. Glad to have some tunes back for my workouts.

Thanks for checking back in @Meredith.

@MattSuda, thanks for checking back in and sending a real message! Issue is finally resolved.

Mine has done the same to me. I had recently purchased the 3 month 99 cent deal at the begining of the month, and now, 12 days into it, I was downgraded back to free. Any thoughts on how to fix it?

I baught a spotify premium abo on 23-07-15 via itunes (using ipad app) - 12,95Euro. I just needed the premium account for a couple of days, that's why I switched off the 'prolong automatically' button. 

On 01-08-2015, I was notified after starting the app, that my free trial was now over and that I had to pay to get the premium options.

However, my itunes abo manager indicates that my spotify abo is valid until 23-08-2015, which makes sense, because I payed for a month premium account (I actually already got the bill from itunes)

When I go to my spotify account, it sais that my order # 693836780017 from 23-07-2015 was for free.

I'm confused

Can someone look at this?

Thanks

I have paid for Spotify and it says my account is free I need it as I am going to London to France tonight

Don't know why my account went back to free , I have paypal every month they charge me $9.99

I change my Mobile and Up dated all my app in my new phone but my Spotify accont gone Back to free and I lost my play list.

Suggested posts