Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Account hacked? Email and password changed. No response from Spotify in 11 days.

Solved!

Account hacked? Email and password changed. No response from Spotify in 11 days.

Hi all.

About 11 days ago, when I was going start Spotify on my tablet ( I had been using it on my phone just before that), it was logged out. When I tried to log in (on the tablet), it wouldn't accept my password. I tried loggin in on my phone, and got the message that my account was in use on 3 devices, and that this device had been unsynced. The phone thereafter died due to unrelated accident, so I haven't been able to try more on it. I tried logging in with Facebook on the tablet, managed to log in. I then saw that all my playlists had been deleted, and a few new, unrecognized playlists had appeared, and the recent list contained songs I hadn't played. Obviously someone else had managed to get access to my account without Spotify or Facebook ever telling me. My first reaction was to immediately disconnect Spotify from my Facebook account, and then send a mail to Spotify Support about the situation. When I got home to my computer, it to was logged out, and I have no way of changing the password or otherwise accessing the account.

I am now totally locked out of my account on the 11th day. The response from Spotify has so far been limited to a standard "Please read the FAQ etc" mail, to which I immediately replied that I still needed help; and then after 1 week an ambiguous mail that states "We're sorry that we haven't been able to reply to your message yet." and "If you're still having trouble just get straight back to us. We'll be more than happy to help.". I presumed this meant they were still working on gathering data, and waited.

Now my patience is nearing the limit. It's been 11 full days since I sent the mail, with no sensible response from Spotify (they should at least have asked for personal data etc to verify the account). So today I decided to try re-connecting Facebook and logging in with Facebook. That worked.

I now have access to my account, but both the email and the password has been changed. How can I regain control? I can't change the email or the password, since I don't know the current password.

If any Spotify employees can read this, my case number is #01698592 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Escalating that case number for you now.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Marked as solution

Escalating that case number for you now.

Peter

Can confirm your case is with the correct hands, keep an eye on your inbox for a reply.

Peter

Hooray, after 20 musicless days, my account is back in my control 🙂 Thanks for the help!

Glad to hear it! Sorry to hear it took so long!

Peter

Hi,

I have this problem too - as in my account has been hacked, I can't get back in and I have had to set up a new free account just so I can contact Spotify support (who clearly don't monitor anything). 

IF ANYONE FROM SPOTIFY IS LOOKING MY CASE NUMBER IS # 02764216 

WOULD APPRECIATE SOME CONTACT - SOME RESOLUTION - If for no other reason than I can then close everything down and go back to iTunes - costs but boy, at least it works - AND - there are people there to help - quickly too!

@recovery61 

Support usually replies within 24-48 hours.

If you still have not gotten a reply:

Did you get a confirmation email from the contact form? It should be similar to "Spotify Support Case #XXXXXXX". If so, reply back to that email and tell them you still need help.

If you got an automated reply email telling you to check the help section or the community, you need to reply back to it saying you still need help, even if it's from a no-reply address.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts