Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Account hacked ' please help

Solved!

Account hacked ' please help

Hi, my account was changed the email address by someone.
I can login by Facebook but I can't change the password or email. Please help, I need reset to my true email and a new password.

Heeeeelp!!! 😞

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I had an idea and solved this problem by myself.

1. I created a gmail account with the fake email address of the invasor (yeah, the invasor changed my account with a fake email);

2. I reset the password in Spotify, was sent a reset link for this new fake mail;

3. Login with this fake mail and changed it to my truth email address (also with a new password, of course).

So, the problem was solved! 

But, I'm still so much disappointed with Spotify support, they need a live chat support urgently. I will consider cancel my premium account too, this is unacceptable.

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Hello @user-removed, welcome to the Spotify Community!

Don't worry, first of all, log out of your Spotify account.

Then 

You should contact with Spotify Consumer Support filling this anonymous contact form.

If you receive an automated email that leads you back to the community or help pages, reply to it (even if it's from "no-reply") and one of the Spotify team members will get back to you as soon as possible.

Don't forget to check your Spam Box 😉

They have access to my credit card data? I sent email to support, but not answered me until now. Spotify needs a live chat, this is unacceptable.

I need reset email and password as soon as possible. Can you help me anyway?

Thanks very much

Support usually replies within 24-48 hours but I usually receive a reply in less than 1 hour, please, be patient.

Hey @user-removed,

Please make sure that you reply to their "no-reply" email. If you do not hear from support soon. Let us know and we will escalate the case.

If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution! If you like my post - Please add Kudos!

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?!
Follow me: Snapchat | Twitter | I'm a Blackstar!

Nobody from support contacted me until now. This is very critical because there was data leaks, Spotify must to do something fast.

I sent mail to no-reply, as you said, and to account-details-changed, as the automatic mail says. But NO ANSWER until now.

Very very very disappointed with Spotify support. 😕
Marked as solution

I had an idea and solved this problem by myself.

1. I created a gmail account with the fake email address of the invasor (yeah, the invasor changed my account with a fake email);

2. I reset the password in Spotify, was sent a reset link for this new fake mail;

3. Login with this fake mail and changed it to my truth email address (also with a new password, of course).

So, the problem was solved! 

But, I'm still so much disappointed with Spotify support, they need a live chat support urgently. I will consider cancel my premium account too, this is unacceptable.

That's why I always recommend Protonmail, where you need 2 different passwords before you can login.

https://protonmail.com/

And do not use passwords like 123456 or Password, always use Strong Password Generator.

https://identitysafe.norton.com/password-generator/

Suggested posts