Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Account hacked

Solved!

Account hacked

Please can you help - my account appears to have been hacked and hijacked by another user. I have managed to login to this page via facebook login, but the email address, postcode and password that are now associated with this account are not mine. The credit card showing however is mine and I am up to date with my payments but locked out of my account.

I have been unable to go online with spotify for a couple of days and it would appear that someone else has changed the email and password used to connect.

I regard this as an act of theft as I am now paying for a service which someone else is accessing. I also have serious questions as to why a company would let someone change email address and password on a subscription without sending any kind of notification to the previous email address. This is a basic security procedure and I would like an explanation as to why Spotify does not seem to take its customers' security seriously.

I have submitted this information on a contact form on the website yesterday with details about how to get in touch with me, but have not heard back yet. Please could this be looked into ASAP.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey Daley55, welcome to the Community.

I've had a look at your case in our system and it looks like we got back to you 8 hours ago asking for some verification information. Did you receive this message? Be sure to check through your junk/spam filters and respond directly to our email.

Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Hey Ladies and Gentlemen,

This thread has gone off topic, If you have an issue please start a new thread

If you account was hacked and password/email changed:

You can contact Spotify Support on this Contact Form Here.

This is a special contact form that allows you to select the email to which Spotify Support will reply too 🙂

If you receive a No-Reply email that says to check out the FAQ or Community just reply to that email and Spotify support will contact you 🙂

Support takes 24-48 hours to reply

Have An Awesome Day Guys!

View solution in original post

119 Replies

Yes, Spotify, please make this email verification.

Marked as solution

Hey Daley55, welcome to the Community.

I've had a look at your case in our system and it looks like we got back to you 8 hours ago asking for some verification information. Did you receive this message? Be sure to check through your junk/spam filters and respond directly to our email.

Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips

Hi,

No, I've not had an email and have checked the inbox and spam folders. Could you please try sending it again to the sky email address (the hotmail one on the account at the moment is not mine)

Thanks,

Lee

Lee - Our payments team are looking into this at the moment. You should get an email through to your Sky address shortly.
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

Lee - Quick correction, I've just sent through an email. Should be nice and easy to sort.
-------

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

Hi i have exactly the same problem as the previous user: Daley55

I reported this in another way by the'get in touch with spotify before signing up' method because it is the only one i know that will not send a message to the hijacker.

the ref number is 559092

Massive changes have occurred to my account since the 17th of july 2012

Please disable all accounts and regenerate a password sent only to e*******@gmail.com

If it is possible to backdate tzhe playlist settings to the 10th of July, this would be very much appreciated.

Thanks, Enlai

Hi enlai_hooi - Thanks for filling out our contact form. For issues like this it's the most secure route. 

A member of our support team will be in touch with you shortly. 

I have the same issue PLEASE HELP I filled out the contact form over two days ago and have heard nothing. please in in touch with me at [Snip - Personal details - Mod]

@dmytri wrote:

I have the same issue PLEASE HELP I filled out the contact form over two days ago and have heard nothing. please in in touch with me at helpdmytrispotify@gmail.com

Did you get an automated email reply? If so, reply directly back to that (even if it says not to) and it will be pushed to a member of the team who can assist you.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Dmytri - The relevant team are looking into your case at the moment. Please sit tight, you'll hear from them soon.
-------

Who's your Spotify Star?

no, i got no email because whoever is using my account has changed my email. thats why i need some one to contact me at helpdmytrispotify@gmail.com, NOT the email listed on the account.

Hi dmytri - Don't worry, we'll of course respond using the email you used to write to us. Not the one linked to your account. 

You'll receive another message from the team shortly. 

Hello Spotify people

Looks like exactly the same thing has happened to me - doesn't recognise my login and no sign of the email which you supposedly sent to "me".

Laurence D

Hello Spotify people

Looks like exactly the same thing has happened to me - suddenly doesn't recognise my login and no sign of the email which you supposedly sent to "me" to reset my password.

Laurence D

HI there,

It's probably best if you could get in touch with Customer Support, as we can't confirm any personal details here.

-------

Who's your Spotify Star?

Hi my account has been hijacked by an person called (aze@live.se)

he changed my password and the e-mail addres. need help ASAP

Thanks

@edi888 wrote:

Hi my account has been hijacked by an person called (aze@live.se)

he changed my password and the e-mail addres. need help ASAP

Thanks

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂

You will need to get in touch with the customer services team directly using the online contact form and they will be able to assist you further with this. Don't worry, they will be able to get to the bottom of this for you.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Hey!

My account has been hacked to, username; crazysanta.

By the end of the month i will pay for a 12 mont spotify sub, that i cant use. I think it is really bad by spotify to let people change your email and password this easy. On my gmail and facebook i get lots of mail etc. when someone tries this kind of bull. Have sent mail to the help line, but taking to long time. I feel kinda violated, since someone has been using spotify under my name. I want to resolve this as quickly as possible so i can start using my own spotify again. Please help....

Hi, my account seems to have been hacked also.. I have acces to it on my computer wich is strange but the playlists I have made are all gone and one new with music i certanly dont listen to has popped up and is growing continuously. I reset the password as quick as I could. 

I've would love to have my playlists back.

Best regards 

Suggested posts