Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Account hacked

Solved!

Account hacked

Please can you help - my account appears to have been hacked and hijacked by another user. I have managed to login to this page via facebook login, but the email address, postcode and password that are now associated with this account are not mine. The credit card showing however is mine and I am up to date with my payments but locked out of my account.

I have been unable to go online with spotify for a couple of days and it would appear that someone else has changed the email and password used to connect.

I regard this as an act of theft as I am now paying for a service which someone else is accessing. I also have serious questions as to why a company would let someone change email address and password on a subscription without sending any kind of notification to the previous email address. This is a basic security procedure and I would like an explanation as to why Spotify does not seem to take its customers' security seriously.

I have submitted this information on a contact form on the website yesterday with details about how to get in touch with me, but have not heard back yet. Please could this be looked into ASAP.

119 Replies

this is BS...mine has been hacked too! spotify support is sloooooowwwww....thinking about switching to google since they have a bigger selection of music.

@k1ng87 wrote:

this is BS...mine has been hacked too! spotify support is sloooooowwwww....thinking about switching to google since they have a bigger selection of music.

Bigger selection of music, I might have to look into this. What do they have that Spotify doesn't? 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Hey guys. My account has also been hacked. The email on my profile is not my real email address, so every time I try to change a password it gets sent to this other mystery email address on my profile. Can you please help me?! Thank you!

@pollywd32 wrote:

Hey guys. My account has also been hacked. The email on my profile is not my real email address, so every time I try to change a password it gets sent to this other mystery email address on my profile. Can you please help me?! Thank you!

Hey 🙂 

You will need to get in touch here and someone at Spotify will be able to assist you in recovering your account. 

Peter

Peter

Problem Solved

Hi. If you use this contact form, you can specify the email address you want the customer services team to use for their reply. They'll be able to sort everything out so don't worry 🙂

Hello,

It looks like someone else is using my account.  My playlists were deleted, and two new ones named "who is this?" and "where did you buy this acc?" have appeared.

I've changed my password, and my account isn't associated with Facebook, but I'm still having the problem.

Drop a post onto this topic  @mttjns to request a forced logout of your account. Once that is done restore your playlists from:

https://www.spotify.com/account/recover-playlists/

Peter

Hi!

I've been listening to music and suddenly I got a message saying that spotify got stopped because someone else was using my account..

No one else I know however can be using my account and I'm actually really worried that someone hacked my account and get my paying informations and stuff..

please help..

Thank you! 

Sophie 

Maybe you used your spotify on someone else's PC or device? No need to worry - just do this:

1. Change your spotify password following the steps in the FAQ
  2. Head to your account page and press Sign out everywhere.

Screen Shot 2014-04-04 at 15.00.23.png

No, that's the thing, not that I can recall.

Thanks, will do this!

My Spotify account got hacked too. Email address and mobile phone number associated with my Spotify account are not mine, I had a premium which I just cancelled few minutes ago. I have used FB to sign in to Spotify, now changed the FB pw and could log in to Spotify..But I am unable to change the email and password for Spotify.

If you get in touch with the account team using this form, they'll get everything sorted for you @talvitie .

My account has been hacked. The email address changed, my password changed I can get on through Facebook but I can not recover my account. Spotify has a very frustrating customer service experience. I have cancelled my Premium account until this can be resolved. Can somebody please tell me how to fix this problem? I see no reason to pay for a service I can not control.

Please use this online contact form and someone at Spotify can help get this sorted. If you get an automated response directing you back to the community or to the help pages, please reply to it by email and you will hear back from one of the team shortly.

Hi,

As per what the mods and staff here pointed at, i've raised the issue of my premium account being hijacked through the contact form and even replying to the automated email. It has been 48 hours and i've yet to receive a single reply from Spotify team. You all need a proper form of SLA, going dark on your customer doesn't reflect well on the organization.

Case no:  01823531

@Strydor - Support have been a little busy lately by the sounds of things. Give them another 12 hours and if you don't hear anything give us a shout back here.

Peter

Sigh.. Its been 4 days and still no end to a resolution, really considering to drop this service

@Strydor wrote:

Sigh.. Its been 4 days and still no end to a resolution, really considering to drop this service

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. I've made sure that your case is with the right team and gets dealt with as soon as possible.

Thanks for bearing with us in the meantime.

Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips

My account has been hacked also and my thoughts are exactly the same as Strydor's...

Suggested posts