Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Account hacked

Solved!

Account hacked

Please can you help - my account appears to have been hacked and hijacked by another user. I have managed to login to this page via facebook login, but the email address, postcode and password that are now associated with this account are not mine. The credit card showing however is mine and I am up to date with my payments but locked out of my account.

I have been unable to go online with spotify for a couple of days and it would appear that someone else has changed the email and password used to connect.

I regard this as an act of theft as I am now paying for a service which someone else is accessing. I also have serious questions as to why a company would let someone change email address and password on a subscription without sending any kind of notification to the previous email address. This is a basic security procedure and I would like an explanation as to why Spotify does not seem to take its customers' security seriously.

I have submitted this information on a contact form on the website yesterday with details about how to get in touch with me, but have not heard back yet. Please could this be looked into ASAP.

119 Replies

@jamvais wrote:

My account has been hacked also and my thoughts are exactly the same as Strydor's...

Do you have your case reference number handy? I'll make sure this is being looked into.

Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips

Hello!

I had a little something that surprised me. While I was on the train listening to Spotify on my phone the music stopped playing, because apparently it was played on another device. I have only ever logged into my account on my Laptop (which wasn't turned on) other than my phone. So I immediately changed my password to a more complex one and canceled my premium membership.

Maybe it was just an error.

Can I somehow have my account checked? How would I go about that, since the support team would need to know my account name?

@xcheinx56 - Unfortunately unless it is part of the criminal invesitgation Spotify won't give you any details about who else may have been using your account. 

It shouldn't be an issue though, once you have changed your password go to your online account (link below) and press the "Sign Out Everywhere" button and that will secure your account from anyone else who is using it. 

https://www.spotify.com/account/overview/

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Thank you for the answer.

I already did what you said before, so hopefully I'm good now since I'm thinking about getting the premium membership again.

My account Syler got hacked for some days, i can still inlogg with my fb profile but i cant change back to my email or password becuase my old password got hacked! Please help!

@MartinG97 - Open a case with the accounts team using the form link below and they will be able to lend a hand to get you back in control of your account:

https://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-anonymous/

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Peter

Thanks! im waiting now for a respond.

Me too!

A few days ago, I was listening to music when some other person started using my account and started controlling my music, despite changing my Facebook password several times they proceeded to delete my playlists and they have changed the information on my profile until I emailed them to tell them I was aware.

Further to this, it seems that I can't update the details in the account because it requires a password, I think they've changed this because on putting the password I use via facebook in it tells me that it is incorrect, yet I can log into Spotify with it still???

I've requested an email for a link to your contact form to explain this situation, however I believe that this has gone to the a**eveen@hotmail.com address that is now in my details. I need it sent to the email address that I use as my login!

I'm really angry about this to be honest, especially as my Facebook and more importantly Payment Details are linked to this! I had no way of preventing it other than asking them to stop via email.

Can I expect any help from a Spotify employee at any point this week?

@kube33 - Apologies no one picked up on your earlier post, as you mentioned this is something Spotify support will need to lend a hand with not something that can be fixed here on the community. 

If you are having issues getting a reply from the standard contact form, open another case using this form which will let you input the reply address:

https://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-anonymous/

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Peter

Thank you Peter for your help! I didn't reaslise that the community wasn't connected to the company.

Hi.

My account appears to be hacked and ive been waiting almost 24 hours for any respond from the spotify support and I dont thinks thats ok for something i pay for and right now someone else is using!!

Spotify ärende # 02000872

Spotify ärende # 02003909

Can you please help me?

Thanks Morgan..

@nagrom80 - Can you reply directly to one of those automated emails that contains the case number (don't open another case). That will bump your case to make sure it reaches an adviser as soon as possible.

Peter

I did that yesterday and once again this morning.I had to create this new user just to be able to write here at the community.So im still waiting for a reply from the support.

@nagrom80 - OK, if you don't hear anything back by the end of play today please post back and we can escalate this further for you.

Peter

I'm hacked also, I can't seem to do anything with my account, I don't see a contact form, I do have the hackers email address, it worries me he has my billing information

Hi! My account was also recently accessed on the 25th of December.

My playlists were deleted, songs added etc.

I have managed to change my password, but I would really like to know how a person can access my account so easily?

I use different passwords for different sites, and follow many security guidelines.

Please let me know what can I do to help start an investigation into this?

My account has been also accesed on the 26th December. I have contacted the Spotify Suppor Team through the form and it is the case #02260955.

I wonder how it is that easy for someone to hacked other account. The lack of security in Spotify amazes me in the worst way.

Ive ben hacked too on this account, i can use since my facebook login is working but otherwise the email is changed and the password. Have submitted a ticket i hope for help soon

My account has been hijacked by someone who has changed my email address and password. I cannot sign in using my account. Only through Facebook and the stream is interrupted when the hijacker wants to listen to music as well. Very annoying. Can you please help me reset my Profile to its actual info...

Many thanks

Suggested posts