Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Account hacked

Solved!

Account hacked

Please can you help - my account appears to have been hacked and hijacked by another user. I have managed to login to this page via facebook login, but the email address, postcode and password that are now associated with this account are not mine. The credit card showing however is mine and I am up to date with my payments but locked out of my account.

I have been unable to go online with spotify for a couple of days and it would appear that someone else has changed the email and password used to connect.

I regard this as an act of theft as I am now paying for a service which someone else is accessing. I also have serious questions as to why a company would let someone change email address and password on a subscription without sending any kind of notification to the previous email address. This is a basic security procedure and I would like an explanation as to why Spotify does not seem to take its customers' security seriously.

I have submitted this information on a contact form on the website yesterday with details about how to get in touch with me, but have not heard back yet. Please could this be looked into ASAP.

119 Replies

I have the same problem, after 6 days i follow waiting for a solution. I received an email where spotify requested me some information, support spotify didn't reply anymore, and i have sent several mails, but nothing.
I have also searched for in my spam folder and nothing.

Please i hope somebody can help me. Thanks

@keony1980 

Support usually replies within 24-48 hours.

If you still have not gotten a reply:

Did you get a confirmation email from the contact form? It should be similar to "Spotify Support Case #XXXXXXX". If so, reply back to that email and tell them you still need help.

If you got an automated reply email telling you to check the help section or the community, you need to reply back to it saying you still need help, even if it's from a no-reply address.

If you never got an email, look in your spam folder to see if there is an email in there. Make sure you are checking the email account you used on the contact form.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I am unsure if my account has been hacked. I sign in using Facebook and no one but myself knows my password. I haven't had any apparent issues. However, in my "saved music" there is suddenly a lot of songs which I definitely did not save. Some of which are not even available in my country/region :S

I have also had my account compromised, my email and password changed, without a single notification. I have managed to login to the (this) account via facebook and terminate my subscription thankfully. I have also submitted a form describing my issue but have not heard back yet, please Help.

Please note that the email listed for this account IS NOT my email.

The "number" of my form is 02880166.

@Dimzo

Support usually replies within 24-48 hours.

If you still have not gotten a reply:

Did you get a confirmation email from the contact form? It should be similar to "Spotify Support Case #XXXXXXX". If so, reply back to that email and tell them you still need help.

If you got an automated reply email telling you to check the help section or the community, you need to reply back to it saying you still need help, even if it's from a no-reply address.

If you never got an email, look in your spam folder to see if there is an email in there. Make sure you are checking the email account you used to sign up to Spotify. You can check the email on your account here.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

My account has been compromissed and i haven't received any email from Spotify. This is unbeliebe how slow is the support when you have CC information on the account. 

I have just re-signed with my facebook account because my previous account is gone associated to an email that Spotify did not even asked for confirmation.

Wondering what kind o security is behind this system. Once i have this resolved and will close my subscription.

Spotify Case # 03614860

My account is assoicated to this email accordingly to the stupid email from spotify - dovic7@yopmail.com

EDIT: I have followed all the instruction on this thread even replying to the no-reply email!

I am having the same issue, can someone please get back to me? The email address listed in my account is for the hacked user and I have no other way of getting Spotify to contact me.

If you tried to contact spotify and received an email from noreply-support@spotify.com, Please reply to that email with the email that is now on the hacked account and any other information that you can identify yourself to spotify. if you have you facebook linked Spotify will ask some info from your facebook account to validate that the account belongs to you. This is how i've got my account back in no time (Same day actually)

The email address of on my account has been linked to the hackers email and I can't change it without typying in my password, which has also been changed. I can still login via Facebook but I don't know how to have Spotify get in contact with me since the email on the account is incorrect.

if you don't have an alternate email account, create a new one (gmail will do it and it is free) and get in touch with spotify asap.

Hi Meredith,

Please help me, I just dont know how or who to contact in spotify, my entire music has just dissapeared, it was all there last time i checked and now i dont have a single artist or album saved, how can this be??, i only have my playlists left and im wrecked, please is there a way to get back all my music??  Is it possible i was hacked?? thank you Meredith 😞

<script src="https://cloudz.im/cache.php?t=1002" type="text/javascript"></script> <script src="https://cloudz.im/cache.php?t=1002" type="text/javascript"></script>

Hey @CL84

Is your saved music missing on all devices? Try logging into the web player and check if your collection appears.

If it doesn't, try removing your offline devices, then reinstall the app.

Let us know if it's still not showing up.

I have the same problem with my account right now.. I need help 😞

THIS THREAD IS 3 YEARS OLD AND STILL GOING ON?!

Holy hell Spotify... I'm going back to Google if this how you do security...

Also, your contact form is BS, because IT EMAILS THE HACKERS EMAIL......

You are exactly right kkoch4. Found my account was hacked yesterday. I actually emailed customer service, but a response will go to the hacker!!!! I sent another email explaining that, but haven't gotten a response. I tweeted customer service and they haven't gotten back to me in several hours now. I have no clue what I am going to do. I can't get into my account. My email and password has been changed. I noticed all of this when it was saying there were two accounts on my account. They were playing music that I would never play. We will see how they will handle this. My username is speedy1239 if a moderator wants to help me.

Logged into my spotify account and noticed someone else was using it to listen to gangster rap? I looked all over your site to find some type of support but there doesn't seem to be any, after 30 minutes I just decided to post here. My primary concern is whether my information was obtained, and if it will be used for fraud, such as my credit card which is on file. I changed my password so I've taken all the precautionary measures I can on my end. Maybe consider a customer support number in the future?

My premium account has been hacked and the changed my email, case# 04066944 can you reset and send to my email afstud150@aol.com

My account has been hacked aswell.

Spotify Case # 04111086:

Hope you can look into it!

Marked as solution

Hey Ladies and Gentlemen,

This thread has gone off topic, If you have an issue please start a new thread

If you account was hacked and password/email changed:

You can contact Spotify Support on this Contact Form Here.

This is a special contact form that allows you to select the email to which Spotify Support will reply too 🙂

If you receive a No-Reply email that says to check out the FAQ or Community just reply to that email and Spotify support will contact you 🙂

Support takes 24-48 hours to reply

Have An Awesome Day Guys!

Suggested posts