Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Account help!

Solved!

Account help!

Hey guys,

I currently have a basic account and half way through my Premium trial (as I have been waiting for my mobile network to resolve an issue so I can get a free 24 month Premium subscription with them). 

What would be the best way to go obut getting it from the Spotify side, wait until the 3rd March (end of trial) and set up the subscription or delete my account from here today and start again from scratch? I'm guessing there isn't a way for Spotify to cancel my 7 day trial and revert me back to my basic acount is there?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

@talltomw 

Welcome to the Spotify Community!

If you contact support they will be able to cancel the trial for you. There is no need to create a new account.

https://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-support/

If you get an automated reply email telling you to check the help section or the community, you need to reply back to it, even if it's from a no-reply address.

Support usually replies within 24-48 hours.

You can also tweet to @SpotifyCares on Twitter for help.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Hi talltomw,

If you want to cancel Premium, Click here and follow the instructions. this should work even during the trial.

if you want to Delete your account completely, Click here whilst logged in and use these options on the drop down boxes on the form: 1 - Account and Login: 2 - Delete/Close my Spotify Account: 3 - So I can make a new account.

Then you can fill out the contact box below this. don't forget to click 'send question' when you are ready to submit. You'll usually get a reponse within a couple of days.

Hope that helps. Please click the 'Accept as Solution' button by my post if it did.

Regards,

blastoise186

Regards,

Blastoise186

Hey,

Thanks for the reply, unfortunately the link to cancel subscription doesn't let me cancel the free trial 

Deleting my account is the last step, as its the weekend I bet it'll take a while to do, say monday, but then the free trial dies on Tuesday so might as well just hang on. Don't suppose you know if taking this new 24 month subsciption deal would cancel out the free trial do you? Or would I break the internet?

Marked as solution

@talltomw 

Welcome to the Spotify Community!

If you contact support they will be able to cancel the trial for you. There is no need to create a new account.

https://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-support/

If you get an automated reply email telling you to check the help section or the community, you need to reply back to it, even if it's from a no-reply address.

Support usually replies within 24-48 hours.

You can also tweet to @SpotifyCares on Twitter for help.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Thanks for the help guys.

Suggested posts