Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Add people/friends without facebook accounts

Solved!

Add people/friends without facebook accounts

I have some friends who are not on facebook but who have premium spotify accounts.

Is there way to add them to my friends toolbar?

Thanks!

157 Replies

jazzyjez - I'm going to send you a direct PM. If you could let me know the specific usernames we can take a look at what's going on. 

bjf9 - Your friends can let you know their username. It can be found on their Overview Page

Pridge - Still having trouble finding those users?

Hi Moderator, I am still having trouble finding one person, the other person I have found but he is not showing up on my people list anywhere.  I didn't want to state the names on here... where do you access private messages?

Thanks

thanks for the response hammeh, however, my friend cannot find me either under my username. 

Pridge - You should see a small envelope under the Community search bar. Please just get back to me via that message. 

bjf9 - Did your friend provide you with his or her username? What happens when you search 'spotify:user:username'?

Just want to make another note after sending some of you direct emails. 

Usernames are just one word or a series of numbers. You won't be able to search for just 'John Doe'. If your friend goes to his/her Overview Page he/she can find the right username.

Then search 'spotify:user:(his username)'. You'll then find the profile. https://www.spotify.com/account/overview/

yeah, i've tried the "spotify:user:username" search before and it left me with a blank screen. I'm not sure where you can find the series of numbers for the username but I just search for her username on her profile page. 

@meahtenoha wrote:

If your friend goes to his/her Overview Page he/she can find the right username.

Please contact your friend to double check you're entering the username found on his or her Overview Page.

If you're still getting a blank screen, send me a private message with that username. I'll then do a bit of investigating for you.  

I am having this same issue can't find my friend and they cant find me 

@rcmorris11 wrote:

I am having this same issue can't find my friend and they cant find me 

Are you connected to Facebook or using a non-Facebook spotify account?

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I am a facebook user and he is not

In that case, if you have his Spotify username, you should be able to find his profile by searching for:

spotify:user:hisusername

with hisusername replaced with his actual username. Once you have done that, you can follow or add to your favourites depending on your client version. Once that is done, you should be able to share tracks easily!

Peter

Peter

that would be aweosme!

except it doesn't work.

Hense why I wrote that I am having the same problem that everyone else has. I get Load User Error

Interesting, can you load my profile?

spotify:user:hammeh

Peter

Peter

yep

My friend can't find mine either spotify:user:rcmorris11

That is weird, I can find you and all your playlists (on both my accounts)

I know this is a pain, but you could try a clean reinstallation of the client to see if that helps at all. Don't worry, your playlists will be saved (although if you have premium, offline content will need redownloaded). 

Peter

Peter

I am having the same problem.  We both joined before the facebook login's and we both friended each other.  1 day his profile disappeared from my friend list and I have never been able to reconnect it.

I get the same error that everyone else gets, with the pink bar.  I can see and friend others, just not my buddy.

Hi,

I had the same problem as all above, my solution was to click on one of my playlist´s and then search for a spotify or facebook user in the search field. that solved my prob.

DW

If only it were that simple (I've just attempted this to make sure).

I've found that I can send tracks to my spotify friends but can't necessarily find them with the user search.

My friends can't always find people in the user search that I can find.

I can send tracks to some of my friends but they can't send them to me.

There are lots of users that neither my friends nor I can find.

And it used to be so straightforward...

Hi jazzyjez - I've sent you a PM but I'll post here too for other users still on 0.8.5.

You can search for your friends by using "spotify:user:USERNAME" in the app search bar. 

Your other option is linking your account to Facebook via your Preferences Page: Edit > Preferences (in Windows) or Spotify > Preferences (in Mac)

When you have their profile you add them as a 'Favourite'. In the updated app (0.8.8) you can 'Follow' these friends. 

I AM NOT ON FACEBOOK!

Suggested posts