Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Adding Picture to Profile

Solved!

Adding Picture to Profile

It seems like I should be able to add my picture to the profile but I can't.  Is this feature only available if you link it to your facebook?

If there's a way to add profile pictures WITHOUT linking to Facebook please let me know.

THANKS!!

297 Replies

Just updated Spotify to the latest versions (as advised on earlier posts) for my iMac and Macbook then hovered my mouse over my grey blob AND ................................... boo hoo! I'm still just an anonymous blob. SO disappointing - it was rolled out weeks ago now. 

YAY! I was premature! It works...... had to sign out and back in and hey presto I am no longer a blob. 🙂

@ Samaudily: The uploaded avatar is also visible on the old xp machine with Spotify 1.0.20. ...

@andreas_wotte wrote:
@ Samaudily: The uploaded avatar is also visible on the old xp machine with Spotify 1.0.20. ...

Awesome! Thanks for reporting back that the avatar shows up on older versions as well, this is useful information for other XP users that might find this thread in the future 🙂

Hi there, 

I can add a profile picture, but it appears to be rotated whenever I add it.

Hi 4dam002! Have you rotated the picture before? And which format you're talking about? Jpg?
A quick idea: When you know, how it rotate, can you do the reverse rotation before the upload?

I went through the steps a couple of times and every time i re log in the profile picture is gone for me? I haven't tested on a friends account to see if it shows up for them when they search me but I have just signed up to premium and want to be able to see my picture 

The same thing has happened to me the past few days.  It was working fine for several weeks.  Now I upload and photo -- and it's gone the next day.

Moin Dachweiler! Do you have an app or programm to edit pictures?
If yes, you can try to delete the exif informations, because they're able to different effects like rotation, depenting on the processing tool.
In case of no success you can rotate you picture in the opposite direction with your picture programm.

Hi everybody.  I download the latest version of spotify for my desktop and doesn`t have the option to change the profile image.

Any clue?

How I found mine:

username in upper left corner (PC not Mac) 

this should bring up your USER window 

place pointer over photo space to the left of your user name

it should show the word change

click on it to change the photo

good luck 

It does not work for me!

I dont have a Premium account, and want to add a picture. But, my username's on the bottom. Like this. And whenever i highlight my icon, it's not an option. Please let me know what you find out. Thanks!

Capture.PNG
l.PNG

Are you trying to do this on a computer? I have gone back through the
comments and there are several suggestions such as from Samaudily: "Make
sure you're in your primary PC or Mac account. It won't work if you're
on another device in the app."
lucysky: "@those having issues/not being able to change the profile
picture: for me the feature finally appeared after I installed the 1.0.41
update for the desktop client (Mac).

My suggestion is to go back through the comments and see if any of the
solutions apply to your system. PC, Mac, operating system version, tablet,
phone etc. Everyone uses something different. Good luck

Why does it have to be a certain computer for it to work?

I don't have a Premium account and want to add a picture. But, my username's on the bottom. Like this. And whenever I highlight my icon, it's not an option.

Spotify still doesn't have this function? Why am I not surprised? I'm still waiting for them to make their horrendous service available in my country. For how long I will wait?

It doesn´t work to me it doesn´t say change, please help!! I want to change my profile picture without logging in with facebook. If someone knows how to please tell me!!

THANKS

There are several suggestions on how to do this in previous posts for this topic. You will need to go back and read the answers for the how to do it. 

I did tyhat it didn't **bleep**ing work

I Currently do not have any photo set on my profile although I do not have any kind of change or delete button.

Suggested posts