Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Ads in Spanish

Solved!

Ads in Spanish

I am offended and annoyed to be hearing ads in Spanish play through Spotify.  Why is Spotify assuming that I speak Spanish? The official language of this country is English, and I don't want to be hearing anything except English served up to me in public platforms.  Ads are annoying enough, although understood when I am not paying for this service.  I understand many people in this country prefer to hear ads and music in Spanish, but Spotify should not assume that everyone wants/needs this type of communication, especially when none of my listening history reflects any interest in Spanish-speaking music.  Our nation's language is still English and that should be embraced by a company that is based in the USA.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey Stacey!

I'm sorry that you have felt annoyed about this situation. Unfortunately, not everything or everyone is perfect and that there will be a few issues within the system from time to time. I'm sorry that you were pushed Spanish adverts and I will pass on your feedback about this. I can assure you that Spotify did not mean to cause any annoyance or any form of disturbance. I now that you may find adverts annoying but they are what keep Spotify free! Enjoy this song in hope that it will cheer you up

https://open.spotify.com/track/5qJjdND3psggi1ficz88se

Cake | Rock Star & Twitter Expert | Spotify RSP

If this post solved your issue - Mark it as a solution.

If you like my post - Please add Kudos to it.

Feel free to ask me anything you need 🙂

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey Stacey!

I'm sorry that you have felt annoyed about this situation. Unfortunately, not everything or everyone is perfect and that there will be a few issues within the system from time to time. I'm sorry that you were pushed Spanish adverts and I will pass on your feedback about this. I can assure you that Spotify did not mean to cause any annoyance or any form of disturbance. I now that you may find adverts annoying but they are what keep Spotify free! Enjoy this song in hope that it will cheer you up

https://open.spotify.com/track/5qJjdND3psggi1ficz88se

Cake | Rock Star & Twitter Expert | Spotify RSP

If this post solved your issue - Mark it as a solution.

If you like my post - Please add Kudos to it.

Feel free to ask me anything you need 🙂

Actually, English is not the official language of our country. Is it the most widely used? Yes. Do legislation and other important documents come in the form of English? Yes. But to use the term "official" is incorrect, because there is no document that states this as such.

There is an active campaign to make English the official language due to the influx of spanish-speaking immigrants in our country, but no laws have been passed on the federal level. If it really bothers you that much, maybe you should consider paying for the premium package like you mentioned earlier. As annoying as ads can be, I've found pleasure in being exposed to different types of music that I wouldn't normally come across.

Seriously? Your reply adds no value, doesn't offer any solution, just perpetuates the user's annoyance. I guess it was more important for you to look more intelligent than offer anything helpful.

I'm sorry that you feel that way, but the previous user was incorrect in her belief that English is the official language of the United States. I used to believe the same thing until someone educated me on the truth.

I did offer a solution by stating that she might want to consider paying more to get rid of the ads. Lord knows that they do get annoying no matter what language they're in.

You don't know me, so you don't know what my intention was in my reply and it's wrong of you to project your sentiments on to me. Unless you know the user, it's incorrect to assume that she was annoyed by my response.

My intention in my reply was only to educate and I'm sorry if you feel offended or upset about that. Have a good day!

Suggested posts