Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

And you call it customer service?!?

Solved!

And you call it customer service?!?

Hi there.

My problem is this, yesterday my siubscription failed to renew and I don't know why. I repaid it manually with Paypal and I have credit card attached into it. Automatical renewal worked normally all these months I'm subscriber and using Paypal as payment method. Now I can't even see Payment details with Paypal, even if it says next payment date, I think it's error on site. The payment method line is blank. What caused this payment fail?

Thanks.

Jyri

ANSWER IN 12 HOURS

Hi Jayri,

Thanks for getting in touch with us about your subscription. No worries, we're here to help. Here we go.

We’ve taken a look at your account and see that it’s active as Premium and PayPal is it's mode of payment. However, if you’re not seeing your Premium features, try logging out and back in. Please make sure you're logging in using your Spotify username 'hpguru' and password. 

If that doesn't help, please also try a reinstall. Here's how: https://support.spotify.com/learn-more/faq/#!/article/reinstallation-of-spotify

We hope this helps. If you’re still having problems after that, let us know.

Have a nice day,

Lara ♪♫

NOT RELATED TO MY PROBLEM. Next email...

Thanks for answer, but this not answered my problem. I have my Premium, but last time yesterday it failed to renew and asked me to pay for it manually. That I did, do you know why it was unable to renew automatically? It's first time ever on my Paypal payment, so I hope it will pay automatically next time. Like it did all these years I'm on service.

Thanks.

ANSWER IN 12 HOURS

Hi Jyri,

Thanks for getting back to us.

If you want your subscription get renewed automatically, then you need to keep enough credit on your PayPal. This way, you'll have sufficient funds for getting the Premium subscription.

Hope this helps. Please feel free to reach us anytime and we'll be happy to help.

Keep Spotifying!

Edlyn

Again it's not answered the reason why it failed, I have credid card on my Paypal.

Do you call this all Customer service???

I'm not emailing you another time, I hope it renews normally next time...

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

It is solved now.

The payment was in bill, but pending for Spotify approval, which failed. Since I paid manualy before they tried again to catch that pending payment - the other paymens is only shown at bank account and will go away with no bill.

"The pending charge you can see is there because PayPal put a temporary authorization on your account. You won't get billed until this is complete. 

Since you already have a payment posted for your current susbcription, then this will no longer complete, it will expire and you won't get charged at all. If it does, just let us know and we'll process a refund for you.

We hope this clears things up for you. Please let us know if you need more help. PayPal can also answer any questions you have on this.

Have a nice day,"

I still hope that they answer in future straight, not these unrelated answers.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Now it's clear, payment was taken and renewal error was joke... only not registered at Spotify.

I paid another time to them and I got only 1 month of premiun, but money went for 2 😞 I'm sure I soon quit this Spotify or cancel for free, if they are unable to keep count on my bills.

Someone escalate this ref:_00DD0pxIW._500D0yjjH8:ref

Because I'n contacting these stand up comicans another time, they not even reading what I'm writing. Can someone read in your company?

Marked as solution

It is solved now.

The payment was in bill, but pending for Spotify approval, which failed. Since I paid manualy before they tried again to catch that pending payment - the other paymens is only shown at bank account and will go away with no bill.

"The pending charge you can see is there because PayPal put a temporary authorization on your account. You won't get billed until this is complete. 

Since you already have a payment posted for your current susbcription, then this will no longer complete, it will expire and you won't get charged at all. If it does, just let us know and we'll process a refund for you.

We hope this clears things up for you. Please let us know if you need more help. PayPal can also answer any questions you have on this.

Have a nice day,"

I still hope that they answer in future straight, not these unrelated answers.

I have the same issue here.

Yesterday I´ve sent a mail to the support. Hopefully they will get back to me 😞

I don´t want to pay twice for this month 😞

@FloFroemel

Support usually replies within 24-48 hours.

If you still have not gotten a reply:

Did you get a confirmation email from the contact form? It should be similar to "Spotify Support Case #XXXXXXX". If so, reply back to that email and tell them you still need help.

If you got an automated reply email telling you to check the help section or the community, you need to reply back to it saying you still need help, even if it's from a no-reply address.

If you never got an email, look in your spam folder to see if there is an email in there. Make sure you are checking the email account you used to sign up to Spotify. You can check the email on your account here.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts