Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Appalling customer support

Solved!

Appalling customer support

Please supply a contact phone number - as no one responds to my emails (see below) I need to speak to someone asap. I AM PAYING A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION FOR A SERVICE I CANNOT USE!! All I need are my login details - I can't even cancel my subscription as I can't log in.

Dr. Diane Scutt

Sent: 09 March 2012 10:17
To: 'Spotify Support'
Subject: RE: Contact Spotify Support

I have still had no response – you sent me this ‘holding’ email on 2 March but nothing has happened since. Please could you sort this out as a matter of urgency.

Diane Scutt

Sent: 06 March 2012 23:07
To: 'Spotify Support'
Subject: RE: Contact Spotify Support

Hi - any news on your investigations on my account yet? This is getting frustrating now as I'm paying for a service I can't use. Look forward to hearing from you asap! 

Regards

Dr. Diane Scutt

Sent: 02 March 2012 11:51
To: Scutt, Diane
Subject: Re: Contact Spotify Support

Hi there,

We'd like to thank you for your patience while we've been investigating your query.

We're just running some final checks now to ensure we have a resolution for you. We'll email you within 24 hours with an update.

If you have any further queries in the meantime, please do let us know.

Kind Regards, 
Darren

Spotify Customer Service - Cambridge 

If I'm not in, anyone else on our dedicated Spotify team can read my notes and help you.

If you use Twitter, please follow @SpotifyStatus for service status updates and @Spotify for company updates.

------------------------------------------------------

How good was my reply?

This e-mail (including any attachments) may contain information that is confidential and/or privileged. It is intended only for the recipient(s). If you have reason to believe that you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail, please contact the sender immediately and delete the e-mail from your computer.

Original message sent 28 February

Options: [Help] [Tech] [loginError] [] [sonos] [premium] [] [] [uk] 
I am having problems logging in to Spotify. I think that I may have 2 separate accounts as all was fine until I started using Spotify via Sonos. 

I had to change my username to that above when I got Sonos and I can\'t remember my password. However, when I click the \'forgotten password\' it asks for my username. If I put in the number above, it says that I am using my Facebook login details and sends me to Facebook. Once there, if I access my login details, it gives me a different username/number to the one above.

This is driving me mad - all I need is my Spotify password but it\'s proving impossible to retrieve it. Help asap please!

For your reference this is Case #: 284432

Support powered by Assistly

[[fc2cb4b20ffd0efc426b6ab33fd23eda7725cb51-31214695]]

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I'm filing a complaint with the BBB regarding their service. This company is pathetic.

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

i need some help. everytime i try to get my spotify, which by the way i had it yesterday. windows 7 on my computer tells me spotify stopped working and windows will try and find a solution. whats happening please let me know my email is -snip- thanks

View solution in original post

12 Replies

Judging by your emails there, it seems your login details would be just the same as the ones as you would use to log into Facebook.

However, to log into your Sonos with an account created through Facebook, it's a slightly different process. You'll need to follow the steps shown here

Airhorn Enthusiast

Which of course Darren at Spotify Customer Service - Cambridge could have told the user when he replied on March 2 and eveyone would have been a lot happier!

Thank you but as usual I have ended up in a continuous loop of frustration. I did as suggested above - set a new password for my device - and (no surpises here) got a message saying that my account is not connected with Facebook. I don't want to log in via Facebook, I just want to login to Spotify and be able to use it!! As I said in an earlier email, it appears that when I started using Sonos(November) and had to create a new password everything went pear shaped. 

Can someone just sort this out? There seems to be a complete mix up between my original Spotify Free account and my Premium account. Can't you just cancel any existing accounts I have and just set up a new one? As I can't access either I'm really hacked off at paying premium rate and having no service.

Marked as solution

I'm filing a complaint with the BBB regarding their service. This company is pathetic.

Marked as solution

i need some help. everytime i try to get my spotify, which by the way i had it yesterday. windows 7 on my computer tells me spotify stopped working and windows will try and find a solution. whats happening please let me know my email is -snip- thanks

@mamabear51 please don't post personal details like email addresses on a public forum. It sounds like your issue is not the same one as this thread was dealing with - please try uninstalling and reinstalling and if that doesnt work start a new thread and post details of what you are doing along with any error messages you get
----------------
Listening on Windows, Android and Sonos. Tweeting it at @davelicence

Can anyone help me?

Since upgrading to Premium spotify have been taking two amounts each month. I have emailed 3 times with no response.

I don't want to cancel as it may complicate things firther.Quote

anyone have a phone number?

Thanks

There is no phone number.

Contact form or community is support ways for Spotify.

I agree. The lack of customer support for a service of this sort is appalling. I have searched for some time to find a telephone number or email address without success. This company obviously has written off serving the customer and sneaking off to the bank to deposit the profits they make by ignoring the customers who keep on subscribing. The only answer is boycott. Stop paying any fees to them until they show some respect. Christopher Owen

@christopherowen - Spotify do have email and twitter support (@SpotifyCares).

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Almost 2 years later and the customer support is still terrible. I receive no replies to my form requests. And when I do, they ask for the same info I already gave.. and I reply with it again, only to receive no response or actual help.

If a competitor ever emerges, I will immediately switch just because of the poor support I've received.

Support your customers Spotify...

@douglar02 - If you have Twitter, @SpotifyCares are generally much faster.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Suggested posts