Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can I delete facebook and keep Spotify?

Solved!

Can I delete facebook and keep Spotify?

Hey ya'll,

I'm trying to break free from the facebook death-grip, but unfortunately I don't want to have to lose all of my playlists with no hope of getting them back (unless I open a spreadsheet and make a list of each of the thousand songs saved, then re-save those songs into another spotify account). I already tried to open a new account and start from scratch, but I'm losing a ton of work I've poured into the perfect playlists. Is there any reassurance that I will still be able to keep my account if I delete/deactivate my facebook? Or another way to change to another blank facebook account? Aye...

Jake

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey 🙂 

I have outlined all of the ways you can disconnect your account from Facebook in a handy tutorial here. If you would rather someone from Spotify do it for you, just get in touch with the link at the top of the guide and one of their lovely advisors will be able to help you set up a new non-Facebook account. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

View solution in original post

8 Replies

PS, I did originally sign up using my facebook account which seems to make a difference. But no there's no way to change username/etc? Kinda' lame...

I broke free from the Facebook death-grip several months ago and I don't regret it at all. Freedom!

Likewise, I originally signed up for Spotify via my FB account, and when I deactivated my FB account and logged into Spotify, it reactivated my FB account. (You can't "delete" your FB, you can only deactivate it -- scary, huh?)

Anyhow, I contacted Spotify via their help form and they worked some kind of voodoo that transferred all my playlists to a new account. Don't think there's a way to do it without them manually doing it for you.

Welcome to the Facebook-free life, fellow human!

Marked as solution

Hey 🙂 

I have outlined all of the ways you can disconnect your account from Facebook in a handy tutorial here. If you would rather someone from Spotify do it for you, just get in touch with the link at the top of the guide and one of their lovely advisors will be able to help you set up a new non-Facebook account. 

Peter

Peter

@Russtofferson wrote:

(You can't "delete" your FB, you can only deactivate it -- scary, huh?)

Wrong! https://www.facebook.com/help/delete_account

Go for it, if you want. Make sure your Spotify is safe before you do that, though, because that will really delete your account entirely!

Thanks Peter! The trick of dragging the playlists from the old Spotify Account to the desktop, then dragging the shortcuts into the new account and placing them into new playlists with the same name was exactly what I was looking for.

PS, I'm the original author. Somehow it wouldn't let me use the original Mr_Squirrel username...

Glad its all working! 🙂 

If you need anymore help just make a new topic and someone will be happy to help!

Peter

Peter

You can delete your facebook permanently, if you don't acess it for 2 weeks straight. 

https://www.facebook.com/help/delete_account

Suggested posts