Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't cancel premium subscription

Solved!

Can't cancel premium subscription

I keep trying to cancel my subscription and when i go through the steps it won't let me. It sends me back to the starting page and my subscription is still intact. I've tried for almost and hour and I'm 100% sure i'm using the correct Facebook password. I really need to cancel, I would appreciate any help.

94 Replies

cant cacel you **bleep**ing robbing cunts

@user-removed

You should delete your payment info, so no new charges can be made.

To do it, do the following:

1. Go to your Subscription and payment overview --> http://spotify.com/account/subscription/

2. Click UPDATE DETAILS. If it shows below 'Would you like to cancel your subscription?' click there and cancel.

3. Check the box to 'Remove', and click 'Change' button,

Note: If you have your Premium active you won't be able to remove your payment info. That's why it's important to cancel before clicking UPDATE DETAILS.
osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

./.

I can't believe I've wasted the last hour of my life trying to cancel my Spotify subscription and simply can't!! I've read all the previous posts and people are pissed off and rightly so.

I signed up for the 3 month trial 99 cent job and now I have a free 24 month Vodafone subscription I would like to avail off. However I need to cancel this subscription first, but I CAN'T CANCEL SUBSCRPTION!!!

This is extremely DEVIOUS Spotify, please sort this out immediately and offer an explaintaion to your customers. This issue should be reffered to the consumer watchdog.

Hey @FridayLuck,

To cancel and delete your payment info, do the following:

1. Go to your Subscription page.

2. Click UPDATE DETAILS. If it shows below 'Would you like to cancel your subscription?' click there and cancel.

Note: If you have your Premium active you won't be able to remove your payment info. That's why it's important to cancel before clicking UPDATE DETAILS.

Without any payment details, no new charges can be made. You'll only need to wait until your 3 month promo ends, and your account becomes Free again, to link your Spotify account to Vodafone.

osorniosSpotify Star

Thanks but this option (Would you like to cancel your subscription) was not available when I clicked this button. Like so many other people here I had to contact Spotify directly and quote date of birth and card number to have this subscription cancelled. You can see yourself, there's been 7 pages of people complaining about the same thing. Something is not right here with ending subscriptions to their free 3 month trial.

July 22, 2016. After 2 hours of trying to cancel the 7 day free trial upgrade to Premium,

the site would not allow me to after many tries.  THIS is what I did I scroled all the way down

to the black area and click "legal", then agreement in section 2 there is a blue link at

the end of the paragraph, clicked and finally done.  Cancel all even free.

It still didn't let me.

Help m to cancel subscription

Hey @Surjitsingh23,

Depends if you pay through iTunes or directly to Spotify.

To cancel and delete your payment info, do the following:

1. Go to your Subscription page.

Without any payment details, no new charges can be made, but if you're an iPhone user, you do need to check your iTunes subscriptions Auto Renewal and turn it off for Spotify.

Here are Apple's instructions on how to do it:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202039

Hope it helps. 🙂

osorniosSpotify Star

I have tried and tried and tried to cancel my membership.
I don't give a **bleep** If your board members support the fact there is no easy option to handily cancel membership or not. PUT A GOD darn OPTION TO CANCEL MEMBERSHIP SOMEWHERE IT IS EASY TO DO SO!!!
I'd give you as whole a negative rating no matter what on account of this shot!
Cut the **bleep**. What are you afraid of? If you had a superior service, you'd give anyone and everyone the option of cancelling membership easy.
**bleep**???
This is like stupid 6th grade bull**bleep**.

I am having what seems to be a big problem at Spotify from reading all these messages.

I am trying to cancel, but when I log in to do so, it says that "You're currently Spotify Free" ... I am not, because I am paying £10 per month, and dont want to be. 

Can someone give me a quick resolution to this problem?

Please look at my solution in the comments, it works pretty well.

Hey @S11MYB,

Do you get email receipts for your subscription purchases? Search for one of them in your email account. In it, the Spotify username you're paying for is shown:

Username/ID:        xxxxxxx

Login to the website with that username to check the status of your subscription, and your receipts.

In there you can cancel if you want to, and delete your payment info.

Hope it helps. 🙂
osorniosSpotify Star

Hi All

I was a Premium Subscriber but my CC expired and couldn´t make the payment. No worries I thought I shall just go to Spotify Free as I haven´t paid up. BIG PROBLEM. Now I cannot access Spotify Free or any of my playlists!! They keep asking me to pay up...I keep trying to cancel subscription as I don´t want to be paying up every month and now I can´t even get my free spotify!! When I try to cancel I just get a message saying "There seems to be a problem...but never mind you can try again in a while!". Guess I´ll have to leave Spotify...heard there are other free music sites...any recommendaitons?

Hey @LexiSpain,

You should try with a different browser, or open a private window (incognito mode), and see if that does it.

Also, try in a different device (computer, tablet, etc.)

You can login to the website with your username to check the status of your subscription.

In there you can cancel if you want to, and delete your payment info.
osorniosSpotify Star

Thank you so much but still No Can do 😞 I have been into subscription and cancel but I cannot cancel...just get the error message. My payment details hav been deleted already as my credit card expired and I didn´t renew the card. Therefore Spotify could not receive payment for Premium.

I would like to go to Spotify free and downgrade but cannot. All I get is that my Premium account has been paused, and to pay up!! Argh!

Have tried on google chrome and Safari (am a Mac user) on my mobile, my ipad and on my laptop but no joy....have now emailed breakup@spotify.com...see what they say...

Thanks again!

@LexiSpain

You should fill out the contact form, and someone from Spotify will be happy to help you within 24 hrs. Don't forget to check your spam folder for responses as they may end up there.

If you get an automated email directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you.

Alternatively, if you prefer support via Twitter, you can tweet @SpotifyCares.

osorniosSpotify Star

I had to go through the same Nightmare and thank you for letting me know I can do this on Internet Explorer because I normally use Chrome on my Android. What a horrible thing to do to people!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i too paid an extra month that I can't afford. Google you should be so ashamed of yourself. All you care about is money and not your customers. You don't even make the settings easy to find on the app and then there's no way to cancel it on the app Shame Shame Shame Shame Shame Shame!!!!!! I'm so angry

I've been trying to cancel my Premium for months. Luckily my CC expired and they can't take any more money. I am trying to convert the account back to a free account, but everytime I go through the process of cancelling, I get to the page where you have to enter your password to confirm, however there's no box to enter the password.

Spotify is a complete joke. I've tried many different browsers, OSX and Windows, nothing changes.

My advice would be just to use Apple Music. It's a much slicker setup than this sham. There are 8 pages of people here that can't cancel, it's criminal.

Suggested posts