Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't change email?

Solved!

Can't change email?

I signed up for Spotify a while ago, and currently do not have Premium. I tried to update my email address in "edit profile" but every time I hit save I get a red box pop up saying "Sorry, wrong password", even though I didn't touch the "confirm password" box. The same thing happened even when I did enter the correct password just in case.

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey guys,

This should now be fixed.

Does it work for you now?

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

works for me. just updated my email.

View solution in original post

44 Replies

I am having trouble updating my email address. I know I am using my correct password because I logged in with the same password.

I tried changing my password and used the newly changed password and received the same error. I then logged out and went to forgot password and reset my password by my email and used that new password and I'm still receiving the same error.

Is there a way to contact spotify directly to update my email address?

I'm having the same issue. I need to change the email address associated with my account, however, it keeps saying, "Sorry, wrong password", when the password is correct. How can I do this?

Thanks!

I basically repeated exactly the same process as JonC and encountered the same problem.  This is definitely not the case of us being a little bit "special" and failing to enter the password correctly, it really doesn't seem to be linked to the current password.

I've clicked the Me Too! button but just to highlight the annoyance of this problem, my guess is that subscribing to responses to this ticket isn't going to do me much good as it will probably go to the email address that I was trying to update.  Bummer.

HELP!!

I cannot change my email adress in personal settings. I realized after too long that my email adress associated with my account is an old hotmail adress no longer active and I cannot find the password for my old email. When I try to change the adress in settings it says " wrong password" 

Why is it so?

Please help

I am having the same issue. I am 100% certain that the password that I am entering into the confirm password box is correct, but I still get the red box which says wrong password. The email that is currently linked to the account is being canceled soon, so I really need to change it. 

I have the same prob.

Has someone a solution for this problem?

Same problem here.

Hey, did you had any reply from Spotify? cause i've got the same issue and i dont' know what to do.. 

Me too

@jlee2015- yeah, I really need to change mine too.... But I can't.

Thank goodness I'm not the only one!

i'm having the same problem :// sucks that we all have the same issue & somebody hasn't helped yet

Same problem here, just upgraded to Student Premium and all of the details was sent to my old email address. Can't change my email via "edit profile" even when entering the correct password. It constantly gives me the "sorry, wrong password" error. 

Contacted support and waiting for a reply.

I cannot add a new e mail address for my Spotify free account.  When I change the e mail address and add the correct password I get an error saying it isn't the correct password (but it is).

There are alot of us that have encountered this problem recently, including myself. It's probably a site error. I have contacted Spotify support and waiting for a reply.

see here: Can't change email?

I found out that students can go Premium at a cheaper price using their .edu email. I created my account with my personal email and am currently trying to change my email on Edit Profile. However, I get a "Sorry, wrong password" notification everytime I try to change it. I know I'm using the correct password. I changed my password and tried using my email password too, but nothing has worked. Anyone else had trouble with this and was able to fix it?

i need to solve that too 

Bonjour j'ai le meme probleme, je pourrai avoir de l'aide d'un moderateur?

@xialin830 @jlee2015 @shifty04 @Blodo @ydgleah @sleepybeats @ricchards1052 @aprilmarie @Ozzytu

Hey everyone!

I'm escalating this issue to the team right now. I've merged all the posts relating to this issue into one topic to better keep track of it.

In the mean time can you guys provide the following details so the team can further troubleshoot:

1. Spotify Username
  2. What are you trying to change the email to? (e.g. @gmail.com, @live.com, @outlook.com, @someschool.edu, etc. *Please do not provide the full email, just the last part!*)
  3. What country are you located in?
  4. Does switching browsers make a difference?

If your case is resolved, please click the 'Accept as Solution' button and add your kudos!

Same issue for me. 

My username is iamdave220, I'm trying to change from one @gmail to another, I'm located in the US and switching browsers did not make a difference. 

I wonder if, because I've always logged in with Facebook, I don't actually have a password with Spotify. My Facebook password doesn't work but I wouldn't really expect it to. Leaving the password field blank doesn't work either though.

Suggested posts