Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't change email?

Solved!

Can't change email?

I signed up for Spotify a while ago, and currently do not have Premium. I tried to update my email address in "edit profile" but every time I hit save I get a red box pop up saying "Sorry, wrong password", even though I didn't touch the "confirm password" box. The same thing happened even when I did enter the correct password just in case.

Thanks!
44 Replies

I'm having the same issue. But I wonder whether it is because I have also just changed my password? I changed my password first. But I have also logged out / in again (with the new password) and copied the password from KeePass, so I'm pretty darn sure it is the correct/current password.

@Merik

Thank you for replying- I am switching to another gmail account and my user is xialin830. As far as I know switching browsers does not help.

I believe I originally logged in with Facebook as well. I think that may be in common with all of us.

I am trying to change my email from a custom domain to another. I am using chrome as my browser, windows 8.1, and I'm in the United States.

my username is: JonIndie.

Hello,

I wanted to change my email but it alway said my password is incorrect.

I already tried to change my password and to reset it but it always said wrong password.

I carefully checked it when i was typing my password but it said it's wrong.

Hey there @cougata, welcome to the community!

Spotify is aware of the issue and is currently working to fix it as fast as they can! Sorry for the inconvenience!

To keep track of this issue better, I'll be merging your post with the others.

If your case is resolved, please click the 'Accept as Solution' button and add your kudos!

My username is bwoot and I'm switching from gmail to my student email address (@centre.edu). I'm in the US and switching browsers has not helped me

My username is sleepybeats. I need to change my email address to my school @UNLV.nevada.edu or new @gmail.com address. Switching browsers or operating systems have not made any difference, error "sorry, wrong password" is still happening. I am located in the US

Same problem.

same problem. 

My username is: richard1052

Changing to gmail.com domain  (it looks like all the users are trying to change to gmail addresses, so there's your problem)

I'm in USA

Yes, it throws an error in all 3 browsers (Chrome, FF & IE)

I'm having this issue as well!

Username: jereminion

Email: @colorado.edu

Changing browsers has not helped. (Tried Chrome, Firefox, IE)

Spotify...please resolve this issue.

Here is a screenshot of the window with the bug: http://tca0.nl/Mqs

This is definitly a bug!

Same problem.

I'm trying to change my e-mail to @gmail.com, I'm located in Finland and switching browsers doesn't help. My username is ktru.

Ny username is miamariihagen, my current email on the spotify account is -snip-@Hotmail.com.. I want to change it to -snip-@Gmail.com.. I'm located in Norway. Then I can use my prepaid premium. Hope u can help me.

To everyone with this issue, just got a reply back from Spotify Support and got my email changed. Just contact them through this link: Contact Spotify Support.

Request to change your email this way as changing it through "edit my profile" currently does not work.

Hope this helps!

I succeeded in getting the e mail changed through Spotify support.  But you will need to provide your birthdate & zip code for them to complete the change.  That's what they asked me to do.

Hey everyone,

Welcome to the Community.

Can you try to clear cache and use a different browser to try again here? This should help.

Let us know how you get on.

Thanks!

Marked as solution

Hey guys,

This should now be fixed.

Does it work for you now?

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.
Marked as solution

works for me. just updated my email.

Works now, thanks spotify!

Suggested posts