Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't get access to my account

Solved!

Can't get access to my account

I have lost access to my account. A couple of weeks ago my account was logged out on all of my devices. When it tried to log back in it no longer accepted my password. I have tried to use the send password reset function, but this does not seem to work as I have not recieveid an email, despite having tried several seperate times over the past couple of weeks. I contacted spotify over a week ago and still haven't had a response. I'm really frustrated by this as it is a premium account so I am paying for a service that I cannot use and that spotify is not helping me to rectify this!!! I have another account, which is attached to my facebook. (though I never use this account and it is a 'free' account. However, the facebook email adddress is the same as my 'original' spotify email address. Is it possible this could be causing an issue with sending the reset password info? What do I do?! Is there a contact phone number for spotify customer services?  

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hello @togglet and welcome to the community!

Seems like someone hacked into your account and changed the email adress. Please write to the Spotify staff via this contact form (unfortunately there is no hotline):

https://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-support/

As soon as you've sent your message, you'll receive an automated response. Reply to it with something like "it's important, please come back to me asap" (even if the message if from a adresse called "no-reply") to get a faster answer. Good luck!

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Marked as solution

Hello @togglet and welcome to the community!

Seems like someone hacked into your account and changed the email adress. Please write to the Spotify staff via this contact form (unfortunately there is no hotline):

https://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-support/

As soon as you've sent your message, you'll receive an automated response. Reply to it with something like "it's important, please come back to me asap" (even if the message if from a adresse called "no-reply") to get a faster answer. Good luck!

Thank you for the response. I was hoping that would not be the case. I have sent ANOTHER message to spotify and also checked my emails as to when I sent the original support request. It was on 2/10/14, nearly 2 weeks ago. I'm really disatisfied with spotifies support system. I think I will be reconsidering my subscription to their services once this has been resolved. I will also contact by bank tomorrow and attempt to cancel the direct debit that is still being taken. 

@togglet - Have you got the 8-digit case number from when you got in touch? It is normally in the subject line of the automated email reply.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Yeah, for the original customer service message I sent it is: 01878928

However, I have received a response this morning for the second customer service request that I sent last night (01925836). Hopefully it will get sorted now. I'm pretty annoyed that I have not been able to use my account that I have been paying for and that I never got a response to my original query though!!

I definitely agree! Give us a shout here if it doesn't get resolved shortly and we can poke a few people for you!

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Suggested posts