Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't get premium to work because can't switch country

Can't get premium to work because can't switch country

Hi,

I changed my subscription from a danish card to a swedish card two months ago but the country is still Denmark in my premium-subscription. So today I got a notification saying I have to switch countries but I can't cause the area where I'm supposed to switch is grey and non-changable. Tried to add a new credit card and that didn't work cause the card didn't match the country. I'm in Sweden but Spotify thinks I'm in Denmark.

I have a premium subscription since forever and it already looks like Spotify has reserved the amount on my card but there's still an issue with my payment AND subscription. So I don't really know what to do next...

Looked into the forum for similar questions and saw Spotify hasn't even replied to the other with this problem so I don't have high hopes for Spotifys customer service. But hopefully this post will get Spotifys attention and help them get up off their ass and help the customers. No? 

3 Replies

Hey there @lovilarsson, welcome to the community!

Let's try changing your credit card info again using the steps listed here. If that still doesn't work, contact the payments team through the online contact form or @SpotifyCares on Twitter. If you contact them through the online contact form and receive an automated e-mail, then be sure to reply to it so your message can be directed to the right team. They should respond within 24-48 hours. 🙂

If your case is resolved, please click the 'Accept as Solution' button and add your kudos!

That link is exactly the one I used - three times. So if the subscription changed and it actually did get through I'm guessing my Spotify bill will be 400SEK this month. 

But I'll try the contact form - thank you for your help! 🙂

@lovilarsson wrote:

That link is exactly the one I used - three times. So if the subscription changed and it actually did get through I'm guessing my Spotify bill will be 400SEK this month. 

But I'll try the contact form - thank you for your help! 🙂

@lovilarsson Since the subscription change didn't complete, you weren't charged.  If you were it would show up immediately on your bank statement. 

Let me know if they don't respond after three days - I'm more than happy to escalate your case!

If your case is resolved, please click the 'Accept as Solution' button and add your kudos!

Suggested posts