Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Apply NUS discount to my Premium account

Apply NUS discount to my Premium account

Hello,

I would like to add the NUS discount to my current premium account. 

I keep getting the It appears that you are not eligible for the discounted product that you are trying to purchase. If you'd like you can still upgrade your account to premium at any time. error message.

I havent been asked to provide my NUS card number or any details yet. I have looked at another posts and checked my account is registered in UK etc.

I need to update my payment details as I got a new bank card, and would like to apply this discount before I do this.

Thanks

54 Replies

Hi there,

My student discount expired last month, but when I tried to extend it for another 12 months (as I'm still a student) it says that I'm not eligible.

Is there a limit on the amount of years student discount can apply?

Thanks for any help in advanced!

Alex

Double check the student discount terms and conditions at the bottom of this page:

http://spotify.com/student

The discount is usually lasts only a year 

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I did, which is why I'm asking the question:

Prior to the end of the Discount Period you may reactivate the Offer for an additional twelve (12) months period (“Extension Period") by again submitting your still valid Discount Records.

https://www.spotify.com/uk/legal/studentplan/

So I made an account already and I've been paying the full price, then one of my buddies told me that Spotify offers a student discount (which, by the way, is AWESOME)!

I went to the offer page, and it said I didn't qualify for this. How is that possible?

Help please! Thank you!

To qualify for the student discount you need to be a enrolled "at a U.S. accredited higher education institution such as a college or university." If you are, then you do meet the requirement. If you've currently got a premium subscription you will need to cancel your subscription, and then sign up for the student discount that will take effect starting the next month.

If it insists you're not eligible make sure that your country is set to the US and that your payment information is from the US. If at that point it still says you don't qualify, and if you are eliglble, fill out a contact form with support to resolve the matter. Hope this helps.

Hey @asbaronecoastal, welcome to the community!

@LordRollin is correct, you do need to cancel your current subscription if you have one, but you must also wait for your account to revert back to "Free" to sign up for the discount.

If your case is resolved, please click the 'Accept as Solution' button and add your kudos!

This is good stuff. Thanks guys!

Hi, I've had the same issue.

I'm actually trying to renew my student discount but I fear I've left it a few days too late. Spotify automatically updated the Spotify Premium year subscription after my card expired but I didn't get the new card in time to enter the card number!

I'm going to email Spotify support and explain the issue, and if that fails just cancel the subscription then apply for a new years subscription with the new card details.

I'm having the same issue. I'm trying to renew my Spotify discount only to be redirected to the payment page with an error message saying, "It appears that you are not eligible for the discounted product that you are trying to purchase. If you'd like you can still upgrade your account to premium at any time." On TechHive, though, it mentioned that Spotifty offers "a maximum of four yearly discount periods during enrollment," so I'm pretty confused. I was charged the $9.99 already, even if my subscription doesn't end until August....

http://www.techhive.com/article/2111441/spotify-adds-5-student-plan-but-note-the-fine-print.html

I've been using Spotify Premium with a student discount for about a year but this month I was charged full price.

I am still a full time student, so I dont understand why I don't have discount anymore and why I wasn't notified when this was going to happen and if I can be reimbursed for this months extra payment?

Hello!

Student discount lasts in 12 months. But you can apply extra year.

Terms and Conditions

https://www.spotify.com/us/legal/student-discount-terms-and-conditions/

If my post helped you to fix your problem, please press "Accept as Solution" button.

How do you go about applying for another year?

I now realise it only lasts 12 months, but how do you reapply for the next year? 

It says i am no longer eligable for the offer, yet I am still a full time student and have unidays.

I escalated your problem to staff. They will reply you as soon as possible.
If my post helped you to fix your problem, please press "Accept as Solution" button.

I'm trying to use the student discount, but it keeps saying that I'm ineligible for the offer. I'm registered, enrolled in classes, and go back to school in a little over a month. What am I missing?

Hey @hannahbiggz

Could you try running through the student discount process once more? I've performed some minor tweaks on your account.

I'd suggest clearing your browser cookies/cache just in case.

Could I get my account tweaked as well? I am in the same situation where I cannot renew although I am still in school.

Hi Pete, Im having the same problem. Twice Ive been charged full price and did not recover the funds back (I am a student and was charged 9.99 then 4.99 the next day in april. I wasnt charged the next month, but I paid for three months. Now, it charged me 9.99 again, three months later, but I am still a student. Can you please help me get all of this situated? I cant keep paying more than the agreed amount and spend all of this time to fix this.

Thanks for your help!

Jonathan

Hey Pete,

I'm having the same problem. Was on student discount and was billed the regular rate this month. Only place I could find to redo the student discount stuff was this page: https://www.spotify.com/us/student/? but when I click 'Get premium' it says I'm not elligable.

Any way to add this back to my account?

Thanks!

Suggested posts