Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't use my gift card for the holiday promo???

Can't use my gift card for the holiday promo???

Hello. I received a Spotify gift card for Christmas and wanted to use it toward the holiday promotional (3 months for the price of 1). When I go to spotify.com/redeem it accepts the gift card (but doesn't give me the promo), and if I go through the promo, I get this error after entering the gift card pin:

The product you've selected does not match your redemption code. e.g. A Spotify Premium code redeemed against Spotify Unlimited.

How do I go about setting up my new account with the gift card?

Thanks,

-Nate

1 Reply

Despite the option being on the offer page, the 3-1 offer does not apply to gift cards. If you want the 3-1 offer, you need to subscribe using a credit or debit card or PayPal. The Spotify team have been made aware of this issue. If you want the 3-1 offer, you can subscribe with a payment method mentioned previously and then redeem your gift card for an extra month if you like. 

Unfortunately what we can do here on the community is pretty limited, if you have already redeemed the code then you won't be able to redeem it again and it will most likely make you ineligable for the 3-1 offer since it is for "new" customers only. If you need help or want to talk to someone from Spotify about this, get in touch with the customer services team directly using the online contact form and they will assist you. 

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Alternatively, if you prefer support via Twitter, please tweet @SpotifyCares.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Suggested posts