Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Cancel Premium - what happens to downloaded songs?

Cancel Premium - what happens to downloaded songs?

Hi guys, I'd like to know if I end my premium subscription (but keep my free account), will I still be able to listen to my downloaded music offline as long as I login at least once every 30 days? Thanks.

6 Replies

Hey there @user-removed, welcome to the community!

Only premium subscribers can listen to offline on Spotify. So, if you (have to) go online after the cancellation of your subscription, you lose the ability to listen offline.

Edit: After you canceled your subcribtion, you have until the end of your payed subscribtion to use the premium features of Spotify.

One thing you can try is to 'download' al the tracks/albums/playlists and turn on offline mode, before(!) canceling your subscription. If I'm right, you have to go online after 29 days if you have done that.

Edit: Confirmed.

Cheers,

Vincent

Hi. I've actually already downloaded all the songs that I plan on listening onto my account. So to make this clear, will I still be able to listen to my (already downloaded) music even if I cancel my premium subscription (I'm still on the free trial month) ? Thanks.

Hi, you can listen to your offline music until the end of your subscribtion.

Cheers,

Vincent

P.S. Can you tell me after how many days you have to log back in, if you go online and offline again?

Vincent, I've tried going to offline mode and it says that I have to log back in (online) within 29 days. 

So as soon as my premium subscription ends, all my downloaded songs disappear?

@user-removed, as soon as your subscription ends And you have to log back in after that 29 days, the downloaded songs aren't usable anymore for listnening offline. To be honnest, I don't know if they are deleted after you log back in.

To be sure they are deleted from your phone, you can can go to Spotify -> Settings -> Other -> Clear cache and data. (translated from Dutch)

Cheers,

Vincent

Has anyone answered this question for you yet? Do you know the answer?

Suggested posts