Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Cancel premium link not working

Cancel premium link not working

Not sure whether it's a genuine technical fault or a sly marketing trick.

premium subscription faulty not working

Trying to cancel my premium subscription, but the cancel link I was directed to when I navigated to it from my account is not working.

If I get charged for next month's payment because your cancellation system is malfunctioning....there will be hell to pay.

Hoping for a response soon.

8 Replies

Hello and welcome to the Spotify Community!

Well, maybe try another browser or other computer... Without proxy or anything. if it still doesn't work you should get in contact with the customer support by using this contact form or via Twitter @SpotifyCares.

When you receive the automated email that leads you back to the community or help pages, reply to it (even if it's from "no-reply") and one of the Spotify team members will get back to you as soon as possible and don't forget to check your Spam-Email's as well ;).
Spotify should answer you within the first 24 Hours.

If they don't reply to you, please write heare your Case Number so i'll lead this to the spotify team.

Have a nice day and thank you very much for you patience! 🙂

Kind regards,

Max aka. Amarro

If i helped you don't forget to leave a "Kudo" or "Accept as Solution".

( Twitter // Spotify )

What is a Spotify Rock Star and how do i become one?

Im not a Spotify Employee.

Hi Amarro

I don't think it's a proxy or browser issue...I have never had any issues with accessing any websites on this computer. Funny how I can use access every single feature of spotify except the cancel premium subscription? That's pretty suspicious.

Spotify support has contacted me. Working on the issue now I hope...

Thanks for your help. Much appreciated!

Good luck! 🙂

Kind regards,

Max aka. Amarro

If i helped you don't forget to leave a "Kudo" or "Accept as Solution".

( Twitter // Spotify )

What is a Spotify Rock Star and how do i become one?

Im not a Spotify Employee.

hello !
Did you fix this problem ? Becouse i have the same problem...

Same thing here.  

Among many reasons, the lack of quality in engineering effort from Spotify is why I am cancelling, but having a completely broken cancel flow.  And the response "try a different browser" is bogus.  Chrome on Windows is the most popular combination around.

Fix your cancel flow.  It's compeltely broken.  

i was try do this by the explorer and there i had the same problem

I figured out a workaround.  The QA team apparently at least tested the mobile version of spotify (HTML mobile, not app).  If you cancel using chrome on Android, the link works and eventually lets you through.  

Be careful though, the exit interview is like trying to cancel a cable subscription... a series of repetative questions trying to keep your credit card.

ekoegler thank you very much , that's the solution.

Suggested posts