Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Canceled subscription still charged me $9.99 USD. No response from support.

Solved!

Canceled subscription still charged me $9.99 USD. No response from support.

On 3/5/12, I had logged in to cancel my trial subscription of Spotify before I was charged for it again. Then, on 3/6/12, I received an email saying that I was charged $9.99, anyway. I logged in again, and for some reason my account is acting as if it was never canceled in the first place.

I need my account properly canceled, and the $9.99 reversed, as I do not intend to continue using Spotify.

It is now 3/11/12, and I have still not received any response from Spotify Support. My case number is 301203. I will only allow until 3/14/12 before I dispute the charge with PayPal, as more than a week is plenty of time for somebody to respond to my support query. 

279 Replies

Hi Meredith, I'm still being charged monthly and I sent in another e-mail to get my refund. I've been charged a few times, and my account is listed as a FREE user, and all of my accounts on my computer and phone state that too. I signed up for the free 30 day trial period awhile back, and made sure I opted out past the 30 days, or soon after. I would like to be refunded asap, and have this stop alltogether. It's getting frustrating to deal with. I have screen shots of my account etc as well for proof. 

Hi @goodnightsailor 

Be sure that you reply to the automated e-mail and one of the employees will get back to you as soon as possible.

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
Last.fm | Twitter

Backstage Intro - Meet Jordi!
What's it like to be in a Spotify Office?

Did I help? Please add a like!
Did I solve your issue? Please accept as the solution!

@Jordi - Thank you. I sent them an e-mail and am waiting on a response. I replied to the automated e-mail like I have read in the comments before in this thread. I'm hoping to see a quick response, and solution to this frustrating situation.

I had my spotify cancelled on 4/4/15, and you still charged me 9.99+tax on 4/5/15. Please cancel my account and reverse the charges!

I had my spotify cancelled on 4/4/15, and you still charged me 9.99+tax on 4/5/15. Please cancel my account and reverse the charges! This was paid with a debit card
Marked as solution

@mikekbear 

For refund inquiries, you will need to contact support

https://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-support/

If you get an automated reply email telling you to check the help section or the community, you need to reply back to it, even if it's from a no-reply address.

Support usually replies within 24-48 hours

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

You can walk into your bank or call your bank and dispute the transaction as unauthorized. Ask them if there's anything they can do. they being your bank.

ya same thing happened to me. I canceled mine the day of the set day for renewal and I would also like the transaction reversed.

@brooktekle19 

I suggest you contact support so they can help you

If you get an automated reply email telling you to check the help section or the community, you need to reply back to it, even if it's from a no-reply address.

Support usually replies within 24-48 hours.

MattSudaSpotify Star

I have the same problem

I am writing with regards to my "Free Subscription"

I have actually noticed something in my accounts that is very alarming I have cancelled my premium subscription with Spotify a few months back, however I have still been charged £9.99 every month via paypal

I would like this to be cancelled and I also request the cancellation email on the date I cancelled and I would also like a member of your customer service team to rectify your poor service and refund me all the charges that were incorrectly debited from my account since I cancelled

Thanks for your time

Brad Phillips

@Bettyjane3 

Can you explain your problem in more detail? You posted a blank message.

If it's about support not replying:

If you still have not gotten a reply:

Did you get a confirmation email from the contact form? It should be similar to "Spotify Support Case #XXXXXXX". If so, reply back to that email and tell them you still need help.

If you got an automated reply email telling you to check the help section or the community, you need to reply back to it saying you still need help, even if it's from a no-reply address.

If you never got an email, look in your spam folder to see if there is an email in there. Make sure you are checking the email account you used to sign up to Spotify. You can check the email on your account here.

MattSudaSpotify Star

@brad_leprachaun 

MattSudaSpotify Star

I cant even figure out how to cancel.. When I log in, it acts as though I don't haven an account and yet I'm charged 9.99. I'm about ready to call the Credit card company and have the charge denied. Can someone tell me a phone number to call, I can't find that anywhere...

I had to cancel my premium to save money but I was a day late in doing it. Is it possible that I can be refunded my 9.99? Thanks

This has happend to me as well. I have canceled twice and been billed twice since. Support has not responded to my email. I would like my refund and my premium subscriptiont to be canceled.

@user-removed @jenyharp @squid08

MattSudaSpotify Star

This has been happening to me for over 6 months and I need my money back.

@Kay_23

MattSudaSpotify Star

Suggested posts