Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Canceled subscription still charged me $9.99 USD. No response from support.

Solved!

Canceled subscription still charged me $9.99 USD. No response from support.

On 3/5/12, I had logged in to cancel my trial subscription of Spotify before I was charged for it again. Then, on 3/6/12, I received an email saying that I was charged $9.99, anyway. I logged in again, and for some reason my account is acting as if it was never canceled in the first place.

I need my account properly canceled, and the $9.99 reversed, as I do not intend to continue using Spotify.

It is now 3/11/12, and I have still not received any response from Spotify Support. My case number is 301203. I will only allow until 3/14/12 before I dispute the charge with PayPal, as more than a week is plenty of time for somebody to respond to my support query. 

279 Replies

This has been happening to me since august. When I go to subcription like the Web site says to do, it just says that my subcription is on free status.

Hey @PZRowley,

Did you get any email receipt for the subscription purchase back then? Search for it in your email account. In it, the Spotify username you paid for is shown:

Username/ID:        xxxxxxx

If you're getting charged after you cancelled, it probably means you're paying a different account. Checking your receipts is a way to confirm that.

Hope it helps. 🙂
osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Spotify get yall stuff together and respond to emails with actual people that can help yall customer service is awful all it does is direct me to the community which has no idea what to do either

Hey @Isaachernandez,

If you've got the automated email directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you.

Alternatively, if you prefer support via Twitter, you can tweet @SpotifyCares.

osorniosSpotify Star

Yep, I cancelled my account and has been cancelled for about a year. Today I realized they kept charging me. I checked if I have 2 accounts and nope only one. So I sent email and got automated reply. Going to wait 24 hours. Spotify **bleep**? Get your stuff together. 

Is there any way to get a human over at Spotify ? 

Está sendo cobrado R$14,90 mensalmente na minha conta mas repentinamente, não consigo mais acessar. Qual o motivo?

@valve79

If you prefer support via Twitter, you can tweet @SpotifyCares or message Spotify Cares Facebook. 🙂

osorniosSpotify Star

Im having the same problem and its still trying to charge me.. 

cancel immediately my subscription!cancel immediately my subscription!

Hey @robelynrm

To cancel and delete your payment info, do the following:

1. Go to your Subscription page.

2. Click UPDATE DETAILS. If it shows below 'Would you like to cancel your subscription?' click there and cancel.

3. Check the box to 'Remove', and click 'Change' button,

Note: If you have your Premium active you won't be able to remove your payment info. That's why it's important to cancel before clicking UPDATE DETAILS.

Without any payment details, no new charges can be made, but if you're an iPhone user, you do need to check your iTunes subscriptions Auto Renewal and turn it off for Spotify.

Here are Apple's instructions on how to do it:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202039

Hope it helps. 🙂

osorniosSpotify Star

I am still being charged for Groove Music. You cut off my service way back in August 2017, but still charged me $9.99 per month. Actually you charged me for two subscriptions in August and September, then for one subscription for October, November and December 2017 and January and February 2018. When will this robbery quit? So far you owe me $89.91.I really don't want to take legal action or inform BBB of your crooked methods. When I signed up for Spotify back in December 2017 you did not transfer all of my albums. Many of them were my own personal albums that I loaded into my computer. Jim Munn

Hey @jmunn32

You should fill out the contact form, and someone from Spotify should be able to help you within 24 hrs. Don't forget to check your spam folder for responses as they may end up there.

If you get an automated email directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you.

Alternatively, if you prefer support via Twitter, you can tweet @SpotifyCares or message Spotify Cares Facebook.

osorniosSpotify Star

I want my account cancelled period. I don't want to go into this loop of back to app to email to community, etc.  Your system is taking funds from accounts and making it difficult to reverse this or cancel.  You have a phone number that disconnects, etc. Your company or employees wouldn't do business with a supplier of services or store that has NO working contact number and this type of issue, etc.   My account is listed under my email *snip*.

Hey @Duvallb

You should fill out the contact form, and someone from Spotify will be able to help you within 24 hrs.

If you get an automated email directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you.

Alternatively, if you prefer support via Twitter, you can tweet @SpotifyCares or message Spotify Cares Facebook.

osorniosSpotify Star

I am having the same issue but can’t get any help on cancelling this I have tried to cancel my account 3 times and keep getting charged.  How do I get this fixed?

Hey @jewry13

Did you get email receipts from previous subscription purchases? Search for one of them in your email account. In it, the Spotify username you paid for is shown:

Username/ID:        xxxxxxx

If you're getting charged after you cancelled, it probably means you're paying a different account. Checking your receipts is a way to confirm that.

Hope it helps. 🙂
osorniosSpotify Star

I have been charged twice in one month with screenshot proof on three months.. I canceled my premium on spotify for the free version... but looked at my bank statement again and $9.99 was taken from my account... I need help I've tried reaching customer support before no help...

Hey @DustinH93

How did you try to contact them?

You should fill out the contact form, and someone from Spotify will be happy to help you within 24 hrs.

osorniosSpotify Star

Hi I am getting charged for two accounts on Spotify uh when I haven't got one can you explain this and can I have my money back on can you cancel one of these which I do not have to this is been going on since December someone get back to me on this please thank you

Hey @Blueman74

You should fill out the contact form, and someone from Spotify will be happy to help you within 24 hrs.

osorniosSpotify Star

Suggested posts