Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Canceled subscription still charged me $9.99 USD. No response from support.

Solved!

Canceled subscription still charged me $9.99 USD. No response from support.

On 3/5/12, I had logged in to cancel my trial subscription of Spotify before I was charged for it again. Then, on 3/6/12, I received an email saying that I was charged $9.99, anyway. I logged in again, and for some reason my account is acting as if it was never canceled in the first place.

I need my account properly canceled, and the $9.99 reversed, as I do not intend to continue using Spotify.

It is now 3/11/12, and I have still not received any response from Spotify Support. My case number is 301203. I will only allow until 3/14/12 before I dispute the charge with PayPal, as more than a week is plenty of time for somebody to respond to my support query. 

279 Replies

You'll need to get in touch with the payment team here @mreed1990 . f you get an automated response directing you back to the community or to the help pages, please reply to it by email and you will hear back from one of the team shortly.

Spotify did resubscribe to an old account of me for a weird reason. I'm 100% sure i didn't  resubscibe in any way, as i've made many spotify accounts since, and i know how unsubscibing works. I demand my money refunded or i sue.

@1157369490 

Hello

Sorry to hear about this!

To get a refund you need to go here

from the first dropdown select "paying for Spotify"

from the second dropdown select "I cancelled my account but was still charged"

in the text box explain your situation

The support team will then reply back as soon as possible.

If you get an auto reply in your email, all you need to do is reply back to it (usually doesn't happen, but sometimes the system does this to prevent spam emails to support)

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

this has happened to me too. rather spotify have done this to me also. i cancelled my premium subscription the day before it was to expire and yet they have charged me anyway today.

@boldaslove - Get in touch using the link in the post above. It normally isn't an issue to get a refund.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

hi i canceled my subscription a while back and i got chared for it $9.99 unexpected so i would like a refund please

@user-removed - Spotify don't deal with any billing/payments/refund issues/requests here on the community due to the nature of the details needed. You will need to get in touch with the customer services team directly using the online contact form and they will be able to assist you further with this.

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Peter

I have also been getting charged when I cancelled this two months ago. I see this is a continual problem. Because of this I probably will not use this at a later date. 

@JessicaW - If you get in touch using the link in my post above it shouldn't be an issue to get that cancelled and refunded for you.

Peter

Same here! I need to get this cancelled for good.I had no idea cancelling this would be such a pain and still get charged!!

@Dollparts10709 - Cancelling shouldn't be an issue, if you get in touch with the support team directly they will be able to lend a hand to get you cancelled and anything overcharged refunded:

https://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-support/

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Peter

Please I need help. .I have tried canceling my premium account several times,but I keep getting charged. ...this month my account  was over draft..I can I cancell this nonsense please...and really no number to call is ridiculous. Help me please, I just want to cancel! 

@xavier2lynch - You will need to get in touch with the customer services team directly using the online contact form and they will be able to assist you further with this.

Peter

Thanks for another informative response Peter - glad to see you're stepping in to assist all these *dumb* users who (according to your previous post) are the root cause of the issues they've experienced...

Seriously - why is it that Spotify has not improved this appalling record on cancellations over YEARS of the same issues???

I absolutely refuse to believe that users are at fault. It just doesn't pass the sniff test.

I certainly wasn't at fault in my case - Virgin Media were showing my subscription as cancelled, but the account didn't update.

Customers are being ripped off...

This is tantamount to fraud and needs to be resolved, Spotify!

@punimitsu - No denying you are correct, there are issues with the subscription process that are definitely on Spotify's head, partner subscription as you mentioned being one of them.

I'm not trying to blame anyone here, in fact even when it is *technically* the user's fault with duplicate accounts, the fact of the matter is Spotify's systems don't protect the user from doing something that will break their account which is a fault on their end too.

Unfortunately I don't work for Spotify, if I did (and bearing in mind I'm on your side here) I would have this campaigned to be fixed in a heartbeat.

Peter

Peter,

(a) Don't believe you don't work for spotify...

If you don't. please tell us what job you do that allows you to respond to posts on this page ALL DAY LONG!

(b) If (as you say) you don't work for spotify but are a passinate user, please can I ask you to stop wasting your time posting the same text every 20 mins and CAMPAIGN FOR THEM TO IMPROVE THEIR CRAPPY SERVICE!

Anyway - don't the customer service / operations team monitor this site?

What's your response Spotify...?!

@punimitsu wrote:

Peter,

(a) Don't believe you don't work for spotify...

If you don't. please tell us what job you do that allows you to respond to posts on this page ALL DAY LONG!

(b) If (as you say) you don't work for spotify but are a passinate user, please can I ask you to stop wasting your time posting the same text every 20 mins and CAMPAIGN FOR THEM TO IMPROVE THEIR CRAPPY SERVICE!

Anyway - don't the customer service / operations team monitor this site?

What's your response Spotify...?!

a) I promise you I don't work for Spotify. I'm just a student who gets bored easily, Spotify Community is great way to kill time. 😛 

b) There are a hell of a lot of discussions that go on behind the scenes between not only myself but the other main community users and the Spotify teams to troubleshoot issues and discuss improvements. Unfortunately those take place out of the public eye but I can assure you all of the things you have mentioned I have personally brought up and will continue to do so. 

Spotify do monitor the community, but since it's not "an official" support channel you are guarenteed a response like with Twitter or email support. 

Peter

I have recently renewed my spotify subscription but you are now charging me in USD instead of SGD. i have checked my app store and its in singapore as well as country in spotify. i have been charged roughly 3 dollars more then usual. please reverse the charges and bill me in sgd next month please.

thank you

SPOTIFY sucks!!  I can' not find out how to cancel my free memebership AND I am being billed $9.99 monthly for the last few months.  I have disputed to my bank and awaiting outcome, but this company is a SCAM.

I WANT OUT - SO HOW DO I ACCOMPLISH THIS SIMPLY TASK???

I will definitely NOT recommend Spotify to anyone!!

I am also having this problem. My account states that I am on the Free account, and that I have no information regarding my debit card entered, however I'm still being charged for the premium account at around $9.99 a month. It's very frustrating, because I'm not getting the option to cancel my subscription since it claims I'm on Free. 

How can I get this fixed asap?

Suggested posts