Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Cancelled Family Plan Package

Solved!

Cancelled Family Plan Package

Hello!

I have a problem related to my country. Normally, I was living in Turkey and using Spotify there, and I have purchased Premium package there. I have been living in the UK for 4 months and I've been using a family plan premium package with someone from Turkey. There was no problem with this package until yesterday. However, I was sent an error related to my country and my Premium package was cancelled. Now, one of my friends sent me a gift premium package, I've got the mail for this but my account cannot recognise this pre-paid package.

How could I get this gift? Or is there any way to redeem it?

Thanks in advance.

Have a nice day!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @aybusra,

To be added to a Family plan, a person must:

• Reside at the same physical address as the administrator.
  • Be a Free user, or a Premium user who purchased their Premium directly from Spotify (and not, for example, via iTunes or a mobile operator).

More info here: https://support.spotify.com/account_payment_help/subscription_options/spotify-family/

Lastly, is your friend living in the UK? If so, is your accounts country setting set to UK? You can check that here.

It's only possible to redeem the Gift in the country it was bought in.

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Hey @aybusra,

To be added to a Family plan, a person must:

• Reside at the same physical address as the administrator.
  • Be a Free user, or a Premium user who purchased their Premium directly from Spotify (and not, for example, via iTunes or a mobile operator).

More info here: https://support.spotify.com/account_payment_help/subscription_options/spotify-family/

Lastly, is your friend living in the UK? If so, is your accounts country setting set to UK? You can check that here.

It's only possible to redeem the Gift in the country it was bought in.

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts