Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Cannot Change Country or Postal Code Setting

Cannot Change Country or Postal Code Setting

Just returned to the United States from a year abroad in Canada. I am unable to change my country or postal code to update my account to the United States. There isn't even an option in my profile to click and change it. I am physically in the United States and am not using a proxy, VPN, or any other thing of that sort. Because of this, I am unable to log into Spotify and play music. I am extremely frustrated and have looked through almost all of the other forums regarding difficulties changing countries and nothing has helped. In addition I have messaged the Spotify Customer Service Team and received no help. I would really appreciate some assistance from the Spotify team for once, thank you. 

2 Replies

Read this on how to contact suppport for help:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Ongoing-Issues/Unable-to-change-country-settings-as-a-free-user/idi...

Support usually replies within 24-48 hours.

If you still have not gotten a reply:

Did you get a confirmation email from the contact form? It should be similar to "Spotify Support Case #XXXXXXX". If so, reply back to that email and tell them you still need help.

If you got an automated reply email telling you to check the help section or the community, you need to reply back to it saying you still need help, even if it's from a no-reply address.

If you never got an email, look in your spam folder to see if there is an email in there. Make sure you are checking the email account you used to sign up to Spotify. You can check the email on your account here.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

was this ever resolved for you?

Suggested posts