Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Cannot Log Into Spotify! It boots me out...

Solved!

Cannot Log Into Spotify! It boots me out...

Further below is the full transcript of my problem, but the main points are:

- I cannot access my Spotify account!!

- I have (well, had...) two Spotify accounts, one an email account, the other accidently made through Facebook

- Once I created this community account, my accounts must have merged and I can no longer access either

- When I log on with my email account, the Spotify program boots me out after 5-7 seconds

- My facebook account won't even go through, saying I "already have an account with this email address"

- I want my playlists back and editable, even if I can't use my old accounts!! Please help!!

To start, I already filled out a contact form to Spotify, however, it's been two weeks and I thought I should have a reply by now.

Also, I have searched the community for other simmilar cases, and though this one is close... It doesn't quite help in my case, nor tell me what the solution is...

Point is, I need help, and I hope I can find it here...

This is what I submitted to Spotify:

Spotify Case # 04636953

"I cannot log into my account on either my PC or my phone. I have two accounts. On my PC I use a normal log-in through my email and on my phone I use Facebook (I didn't mean to do this, but when I got my new phone I accidentally made another account and decided to simply keep using it, not seeing the harm). For my PC I put in my correct email and password, it will log in for 5 or so seconds then kick me off, saying "Error Code: 3". I know it is the correct account because 1. The playlists that I see briefly are mine and 2. I can sign into this Spotify website with the same email and username. As for my phone, when I log in through Facebook it says "You have already authorized Spotify" and will not sign me in and will then say I "already have an account with this email address" It has never done this before. If I sign in using my email on my phone it also says that I already have an account with that email. What do I do? I have all my music on these accounts! Thank you, for anything you can do."

I made another account with a separate email, and I can follow my old playlists that are public (I'd like my private ones back mostly), but I cannot edit them.. All I want is to access my playlists.. 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Alright! So Spotify is able to fix what happened!

Pertaining to my email account, they either changed my log-in credentials so I am able to log in.. 

Orrr... I was simply putting in the wrong username.. uhh... which would be really embarrassing if that is the case.. but honestly, not surprising knowing me.

As for my Facebook account, somehow it became unlinked from my Spotify account and my email, which is why I was unable to access it. Don't ask me how because I don't know, but I'm going to have them transfer my playlists over so now I will finally have one Spotify account and not two!

The Spotify team was very helpful once they replied back, and thank you ever so much for your help!

View solution in original post

10 Replies

Hey there!

Have you heard back from your case yet?

If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution!
Twitter | LinkedIn | Instagram
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

No, I have not gotten a reply yet. 

The last correspondance I have gotten from them is the confermation email saying that I had sent in my complaint and they will get to it when they can. It's been roughly 3 weeks... (I sent it in on Jan 15th)

Just today in the forum I saw a recomendation to reply to the noreply email? I didn't even think of doing that since noreply emails usually don't get looked at, and I thought it would be no use.

Would you have any advice about this?

Go ahead and reply to it. I'll escalate your case with the community moderators as well. 

Thank you, I appreciate your help!

I replied to their message and am crossing my fingers!

I'll update you on if anything comes of this. 

good to hear! 🙂

Marked as solution

Alright! So Spotify is able to fix what happened!

Pertaining to my email account, they either changed my log-in credentials so I am able to log in.. 

Orrr... I was simply putting in the wrong username.. uhh... which would be really embarrassing if that is the case.. but honestly, not surprising knowing me.

As for my Facebook account, somehow it became unlinked from my Spotify account and my email, which is why I was unable to access it. Don't ask me how because I don't know, but I'm going to have them transfer my playlists over so now I will finally have one Spotify account and not two!

The Spotify team was very helpful once they replied back, and thank you ever so much for your help!

Glad to hear it was handled!

When I login to my account it kicks me off saying my username and password is wrong I'm a premium member with my account 

I create a new account so I can try to get my old account back which is a premium account username for that account is ixen77 that username is the premium account and if it is not restored I have grounds to sue you Spotify that is $10 a month you're taking out of my checking account through a debit card

Hello ixen77,

I am not someone who knows much about Spotify, but since you replied on my thread I hope I can assist a bit. To my knowldge, Spotify people don't go through these Community threads to give out help, and since you are replying to me, please don't sue me. 🙂

First, I would suggest posting your own topic/complaint (as I did) if you haven't already, since this is a relatively dead and buried thread. 

Second, have you looked at other threads that talk about your same problem or a similar one? Check there and see if they might have a solution. But since you are at this topic, I am guessing you already have done that.

Third, have you contacted Spotify to look into the problem? That is what I did, and while it took a few weeks to get a response, they were a big help. If you are unsure of where to do that, go to the Help section of the Spotify website (here) and scroll down to the bottom. There should be a link that says "Contact Spotify". Go there and submit a report - found under Contact Form.

Whishing you best of luck, let me know if it gets fixed!

Suggested posts