Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Cannot change country on my account

Cannot change country on my account

I want to change the country on my account to Canada, but I am unable to. I am located in Canada, and I want to change the country from USA to Canada, but the field is greyed out. I've tried everything I can find on this support site, and it's not working, and nothing works.

While I would like to try Spotify, the support for this is about the crappiest of any web service I've seen in a while. It's embarrasing. Songza actually works which is refreshing.

What is the secret to getting Spotify to actually work?

3 Replies

It's worth trying a different browser, sometimes that can make all the difference for some reason!

Also, since free countries are set by IP address, it worth double checking yours locates to Canada on the page below:
http://www.maxmind.com/en/locate_my_ip

If you have ever had a subscription before, you may need to remove your old payment details before being able to make a country change.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

This did not work. I have confirmed that my IP address is in Canada.

I do not find any subscription details that I could change. When I go to that page, I get the messages below. I don't understand why. The Spotify support materials say that I should be able to change my country. Then when I try to do so, it says that I have to have a premium membership. What's going on? I sampled this when I was traveling but I live permanently in Canada. Does this mean that if I try it elsewhere in the world, I am never going to be able to use this at home???? This doesn't make any sense, and the support materials are not very helpful.

Your subscription

Subscription status

Your account can no longer be used from abroad, since the maximum travel time is 14 days for a Spotify Free account. To continue using Spotify from abroad, sign up for Spotify Premiumwhich gives you unlimited travel access.

Payment method

You do not currently have a payment provider connected to your account.

Add a payment method

View receipts

Click below to view the receipts for your payments

@davidvandalfsen - I would suggest that you get in touch with Spotify support directly as they will be able to swap it over manually for you. Not sure why it isn't working for you! There are several ways to get in touch!

If you have Twitter, following and dropping a Tweet to @SpotifyCares (English), @SpotifyAyuda (Spanish) or @SpotifyAjuda (Portuguese) is often the fastest way to get a reply and they can deal with the majority of issues excluding payment/billing issues.

Alternatively, you can email them (in any language) using the online contact form. There is also a special contact form if you can't remember your login details or the email address on your account is incorrect. The contact form support team should be able to handle absolutely any issue you are having!

When getting in touch via the contact forms, if you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the support agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Suggested posts