Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Cannot change country settings - in any way

Solved!

Cannot change country settings - in any way

Hi there,

I opened up my Spotify premium account with an australian IP Adress as well as credit card. When I came back to my home country Germany earlier this year, I couldn't use it any longer.

I cancelled my Premium Subscription and went back to Free - which I still could not access because of my coutry settings. I therefore deleted my payment details and tried to change y country settings in 'Edit Profie' which did not work as well as all recommended ways by the faq (https://support.spotify.com/us/learn-more/faq/#!/article/How-can-I-change-my-country-setting).

I still have AU as my countr and can not choose any other.

If I try to buy Premium anew and click 'Change Country' it looks like its loanding, but rejects my payment Code because of - country settings.

I have dealt with this issue for over 3 weeks now and am kind of fed up because there is no personal support by spotify. I am convinced that I need an intern to change my country settings for I cannot do it online in any way.

If anybody has any suggestions I would be very grateful.

Thanks & regards, Verena

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Welcome to the Spotify Community!

I suggest you contact support so they can help you

https://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-support/

If you get an automated reply email telling you to check the help section or the community, you need to reply back to it, even if it's from a no-reply address.

Support usually replies within 24-48 hours.

You can also tweet to @SpotifyCares on Twitter for help.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

@losmyn

Use the contact link in my previous post

MattSudaSpotify Star

View solution in original post

9 Replies
Marked as solution

Welcome to the Spotify Community!

I suggest you contact support so they can help you

https://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-support/

If you get an automated reply email telling you to check the help section or the community, you need to reply back to it, even if it's from a no-reply address.

Support usually replies within 24-48 hours.

You can also tweet to @SpotifyCares on Twitter for help.

MattSudaSpotify Star

Thank you Matt.

I've replied already, let's see 🙂 Thx

They got it all figured out and as you said I had a reply within 2 days- Thy switched the couuntry setting for me.

Thanks for all support!

Hi, I recently moved from Belgium to Ireland and somehow I can't update this information on my profile. When I try to login into spotify it's informs me that I'm away from Belgium for more then 14 days and that I cant use spotfy. Does anyone have any idea how to solve it?

Marked as solution

@losmyn

Use the contact link in my previous post

MattSudaSpotify Star

Thanks!

@Matt,

I took your advice and tried to contact Spotify.

The answer, which looks to be finite, states:

"Click here for steps on how to change your country settings" <- The one with the dropdown, but my issue is that the dropdown only includes one country.

And then "If you are still having trouble, you can get help in the Spotify Community" as second choice - so I guess now we are full circle?

EDIT: And now I read your entire answer. Never mind me, I'll be over in the corner if you need me

I have the same problem I cancelled my Premium Subscription and went back to Free - which I still could not access because of my coutnry settings. I wanna get back to having an US account but

Hi 🙂

Get an account with Deezer instead! No need to change country when you travel, and they have the same library more or less.

Cheers,

Maya

Suggested posts