Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Cannot log in after reset password

Cannot log in after reset password

For the last couple weeks I've tried using spotity's PC desktop app with no luck.  I cannot log in.  I click reset password, go through the process, and the password change does take effect for the spotity web site, but not the desktop application.

"The username or password is incorrect"

I am using a password manager, so there are no typos.  

Is there a possibility that the web site allows longer passwords than the app or vice versa?  So when I copy paste the password from my password manager, it gets truncated in either the web site or app?  

Can someone point me to a list of password requirements for the desktop app and website?

5 Replies

I just reset the password to something simple and short as a test.  Again, I can log into the web site with the new password, but not the desktop app, so now I have no idea what is wrong.

Hey @JasonWhitener

Check out this support article to see if it helps:

https://support.spotify.com/problems/#!/article/Problems-logging-in-to-Spotify

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Thank you for the link, but it did not resolve my issue.  I did open a second support case though.  The first one seems to have been ignored.

Still no luck.  

I ended up creating a second gmail account, and was able to log in to both the web site and desktop app using that account....for the first time.  

Out of curiosity, I clicked 'reset password' on the windows desktop app, went through the reset process, and now can no longer log into the desktop app.  However, I can log into the web site with the new password.  

I just figured it out.

The web site allows you to log in using "username@domain.com" or "username".  When I first logged in to the web site, I stored "username@gmail.com" and "password" in my password manager.  Unfortunately, the desktop application does not want "username@domain.com", instead it only accepts "username".   

Suggested posts