Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Cannot uncheck "Disable all notifications" on web.

Solved!

Cannot uncheck "Disable all notifications" on web.

I guess this problem started a few months back, when there was two "disable all notifications" checkbox in the settings. I happened to check both of them, and later, Spotify found out that they have put 2 boxes of the same function and removed one of them. I'm guessing that the issue started at that exact moment. The box was removed from both iOS and web. My setting got stuck "checked" and cannot be unchecked. Just guessing. What else could be causing this? Why everytime I uncheck "Disable all notifications" and save it, it gets checked again and it is impossible to uncheck with any browser on any platform, why? Why I see that "Setting Unavailable" page on my iPhone? I made sure Spotify app's notifications are on in iOS's settings. I believe, only someone from the team will be able to solve this by tweaking my account's setting file on the server side. I see no other solutions!

BA475E44-3A91-4097-84B0-5F2F2978BCCF.PNG
25 Replies

issue still unsolved, up...

machyh. thank you for the video. it shows the problem exactly.

I have the same problem. Would love this to be solved!

Hey there @onurakoglu@Paradox_v1, @machyh, and @anthonysidwell!

I apologize for the lack of replies on this issue. I've bumped this to the team again and they are still investigating what happening. Also thank you @machyh for the video - this will definitely help out the team! I've asked them if they need any additional information from you guys.

I'll keep a closer lookout on this topic and will update if I hear anything!

If your case is resolved, please click the 'Accept as Solution' button and add your kudos!

Marked as solution

Hey @onurakoglu @anthonysidwell

Good news! This seems to be fixed now! Can you confirm on your end?

Notifications settings - Spotify 2015-08-06 12-24-59.png

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

However, there is still bad news.

When I uncheck the box, for "disable all email notifications" on the website, it will now save, but then when I view email notification settings inside of the iOS app, the disable all emails notifications" toggle is TURNED ON". When I turn it off in the iOS app, the website will then show that the box for "disable all email notifications is checked. So somehow the website settings and the iOS settings are backwards. Disabling it on one will reverse the other. It's like a never ending cycle. I still get email notifications when the box is unchecked on the website, but turned on in the iOS app.

I have reported this issue so hopefully it will be fixed.

Update: YAY! The notification toggles in the iOS app should be fixed soon.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I am having this problem as well in the iOS app on my iPhone and iPad. Can someone please help?

Suggested posts