Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Cant redeem gift card

Cant redeem gift card

Got myself a Spotify gift card on Saturday. Since that day I get this message:

Unfortunately this Premium code does not seem to be valid. Try again or contact customer service.

I have sent them the email, they wanted the pictures of the gift card so I sent them both front,back and the receipt + I double checked that the card was activated correct were I got it and it was. 

Now i havent heard anything in two days from support and my code is still not working. What am I supposed to do now? 

16 Replies

Please read this:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Ongoing-Issues/Gift-cards-starting-with-INC-aren-t-redeeming/idi-p/...

Support usually replies within 24-48 hours.

If you still have not gotten a reply:

Did you get a confirmation email from the contact form? It should be similar to "Spotify Support Case #XXXXXXX". If so, reply back to that email and tell them you still need help.

If you got an automated reply email telling you to check the help section or the community, you need to reply back to it saying you still need help, even if it's from a no-reply address.

If you never got an email, look in your spam folder to see if there is an email in there. Make sure you are checking the email account you used to sign up to Spotify. You can check the email on your account here.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I have replied to that email 3 times already telling them that this isn't fixed but no reply from Sunday. The last email I got from them was were I had to take a screen shot of the error message and so I did. After that nothing from them. Kinda frustrated 😕

They sent me 3 emails, first one they wanted the code , gave them that. After they asked for pictures and so I sent that aswell. Then the error message and after that no replies.

I am having the exact same experience with a $30 gift card from Best Buy purchased Saturday. Same emails and photos and absence of response.

Looks like I'm not the only one with this problem then. Kinda sucks to send everything they ask for and than not even get an answer on what to do

Hey guys!

Thanks for your posts in the community!

If you've been in touch with the link that @MattSuda has kindly provided, could you let us know the 8 digit case #? We'll get this over to the right team!

We're sure we'll be able to help out with this.

Thanks in advance.

Case number is # 03189849. How long is it gonna take ? Thanks for the reply btw

Jason 🙂 The card has been activated but I have been signed up for Unlimited instead Premium. Reason I got Spotify was for the offline part 😛 So if this gets fixed im happy and wont complain more ! Thanks for the help !

I'm also having this issue with a card I purchased from Target on Monday. It is really upsetting and annoying because I have no way to listen to music on my account, and I've already paid for the card. Still have yet to receive a single response from support, ticket # 03204229

My case has been handled !!! Don't know what gave it the last push but it's now running 🙂 thanks guys !!!

@irishww

Support usually replies within 24-48 hours.

If you still have not gotten a reply:

Did you get a confirmation email from the contact form? It should be similar to "Spotify Support Case #XXXXXXX". If so, reply back to that email and tell them you still need help.

If you got an automated reply email telling you to check the help section or the community, you need to reply back to it saying you still need help, even if it's from a no-reply address.

If you never got an email, look in your spam folder to see if there is an email in there. Make sure you are checking the email account you used to sign up to Spotify. You can check the email on your account here.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Tried my card again this morning and it now works. Thanks to everyone who helped push this through, especially Merideth who seems to have made it happen.

Thanks for the link, much appreciated.

I've already responded to the e-mail sent to me. This is super annoying. 2
cards didn't work for me and all this stress over $10.

After I posted my case number stuff went pretty fast. They signed me up for unlimited but I wanted premium because of the offline function. Got fixed in a couple hours.

Got today as well confirmation at work from our sales department that the issue with INC cards was supposed to have been fixed.

Try redeeming it again. It should work now

Hi I have the same problem... i bought a giftcard on 600,- nok and it just says that my code is not valid...

my case nr is #: 03289891

Suggested posts