Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Change country not working

Solved!

Change country not working

Hi guys,

I just moved to the UK, but my spotify account is still set to Australia and the option to change country is greyed out.

I recently switched from Premium to free, but not sure if that has anything to do with it. I also now want to set up premium here but need to change my location before I can do this.

Can anyone help?

Thanks, Josie

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Take a peek at this FAQ page. Fro ma free account you should be able to edit your country just by going and editing your profile information. If that doesn't work take a look at your billing information if you still have it linked, and you'll want to change your country from there. Let me know if that doesn't work.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Marked as solution

Take a peek at this FAQ page. Fro ma free account you should be able to edit your country just by going and editing your profile information. If that doesn't work take a look at your billing information if you still have it linked, and you'll want to change your country from there. Let me know if that doesn't work.

Ok, I just had to re subscribe to premium, change my country under 'change payment method' and add in new CC details. Not the most intuitive ux & this would have been totally impossible had I not re-subscribed...but we got there in the end! 😉

Thanks for your help!

Glad it worked out. And I do agree, it is a bit more complex than it should be.

Hi LordRollin,

I have a similar problem. I moved from Malesia to Italy. I never had a premium account. I changed the country on FB, but Spotify still doesn't allow me to change country, thus to connect to my account.

It asks me to change FB settings (I've already done it) or to upgrade (I don't wanna do it). In my profile settings I can neither change country nor post code. 

What do I have to do?

Hi Pataus, you can go ahead and change your country back on Facebook. Instead, log into spotify.com using your Facebook credentials, and then click "Edit Profile" on the left side of the page, and you'll see an option to change your country on that page. You can view more specific directions here. That should do it for you, and if not, let me know. Cheers!

Hi,

Thanks for coming back to me. But this is the exact problem, I cannot change country.

In the first image, as you can see, I have MY as country and post code is empty. Once I click on profile, second picture, country and post code disappear. I'm getting crazy!! 😕

Spotify1.PNG
spotify2.PNG

@josied @Pataus91

Sorry for the late reply

If you are still having trouble,

I suggest you contact support so they can help you change the country 

https://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-support/

If you get an automated reply email telling you to check the help section or the community, you need to reply back to it, even if it's from a no-reply address.

Support usually replies within 24-48 hours.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts