Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Change the Facebook account linked to this subscription (premium)

Solved!

Change the Facebook account linked to this subscription (premium)

Hi,

I have a premium subscription and I need help to change the facebook account linked to this subscription to another one.

Both are my facebook accounts. It's just that I use the new account and planning on to deactivate the other one.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Jake

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

There is a DIY method over in this post:

http://community.spotify.com/t5/Newcomers-and-Contribution/Tutorial-How-to-Disconnect-Spotify-from-F...

Or if you would prefer someone from Spotify support to do it for you, there is a link to get in touch in that post too. 😉 

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

View solution in original post

36 Replies

Hey jakehope, welcome to the Community.

I'm afraid it's not possible to change the Facebook profile linked to your Spotify account since yours was originally created though Facebook in the first place. You can set up a new Spotify account with the other profile though and then cancel the subscription on the first, and start anew on the second.

If you need help with this, just get in touch using our contact form. Things are a bit more complicated as you've got two Spotify accounts (the other is not linked to any FB profile - so not usable), but I'm sure we could probably sort that out with any problems.

Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips

then all the playlist will be lost so not cool.  I want to switch Facebook accounts as well but don't want to have to start over creating playlist 😞

@debbie17 wrote:

then all the playlist will be lost so not cool.  I want to switch Facebook accounts as well but don't want to have to start over creating playlist 😞

Your account was originally created via Spotify, so you can switch accounts just in your Preferences (Mac: Spotify > Preferences / Windows: Edit > Preferences). Scroll down to the bottom to disconnect.

Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips

Thank you just made the change and got my subscription back

Oh man, thanks a ton for that. ❤️

Im surprised that an organisation as revolutionary as spotify could be so dogmatic and bogged down in this area. I know many people at spotify would love/like/hate Mark Zuckerberg and his team at facebook, so It may come as a surprise to some that the facebook system has some flaws and anomalies. For example, I personally had to create a new facebook account for personal use, aside from my original facebok account, because there was a recurring error where no other users could post on my wall. So according to your policy, when i create my new facebook, i cannot merge or switch my subscription to this new facebook account. I have to start all over again. All my playlists. Everything. Because i use an iphone, when I have my spotify premium account logged in (using my old facebook account stil, because of your attitude towards facilitating account switching) I cannot use the facebook app with my new account logged into it because the iphone will only allow one facebook account to be signed it at a time. I have to use browser based Mobile facebook. This sucks. I assume that I am not the only one with think complaint. The reality is that people use different facebook accounts for different reasons. Im sure that Apple and facebook would not like one of their partners refusing to assist their shared client base when it comes to issues that impact on platform or account funcitonality. The party with the most power to rectify the issue is Spotify, by simply allowing users to change their facebook origin account, within limits. e.g. Facebook allows users to change their name on facebook, but there is a limit to how many times and how often. Spotify relies on people expressing themselves and having a choice. Youa re not giving people the choice to change their subscription and are thus devaluing your own product. Daniel (Your CEO) said in his SPOTIFY JOBS video"So what sets spotify apart as a company is really our ambition to constantly challenge everything we do. We are never happy about the way we are doing things and we are constantly thinking about how to do it even better. if you are coming to spotify as an employee its really important that you think about how we can move fast, how we can do things better, and not be satisfied that just because we did it the way we used to do it means that we should continue to do it so". 

Your response to these issues does not coincide with your employers values. Please consider this post.

have a problem with my spotify account, the other day when i loged in there was random dudes name signed in, i've tried to connect and disconnect from Facebook many times but its still he's name and not mine. Anyone know what to do?

@Olemakaroni wrote:
have a problem with my spotify account, the other day when i loged in there was random dudes name signed in, i've tried to connect and disconnect from Facebook many times but its still he's name and not mine. Anyone know what to do?

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

It sounds like it is just some extra data hanging around somewhere. Be sure you have disconnected from his Facebook and then try a quick clean reinstallation of the client and see if that helps. 

If your Spotify username is "Olemakaroni" I can confirm when viewing your profile it is not connected to Facebook. 

Peter

Peter

Hi, 

I joined spotify through my facebook account and now want to unlink it and have a separate spotify ONLY account. In the proccess, I dont want to lose my playlists. Is there any possible way to achieve this?

Many Thanks

uasuzzi - We can't disconnect the account, no. However, there is a workaround. If you could contact us here, we'll get it all sorted for you.

-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

I have this same problem! 
I'm wanting to deactivate my facebook account but cannot do so because then I have no spotify 
Please help 😞

@jazze_x wrote:

I have this same problem! 
I'm wanting to deactivate my facebook account but cannot do so because then I have no spotify 
Please help 😞

Get in touch as Sam says above. 

Peter

Peter

Hi,

Many thanks for the reply. I did contact on the stated link. However, I have another question.

When they say, my current subscription will be cancelled, does it mean depsite I having 15 days of premium subscription left, I would have to buy Premium subscription for the very next day?

Thanks.

@uasuzzi wrote:

Hi,

Many thanks for the reply. I did contact on the stated link. However, I have another question.

When they say, my current subscription will be cancelled, does it mean depsite I having 15 days of premium subscription left, I would have to buy Premium subscription for the very next day?

Thanks.

Hey 🙂 

Nope, your account will remain on premium for all of the time you have already paid for (eg. up until your next renewal date). 

Peter

Peter

my mom's facebook acount is on my spotify acaunt. HELP!?!

@bennett05 wrote:

my mom's facebook acount is on my spotify acaunt. HELP!?!

Hey! 🙂 

Edit/Spotify > Preferences > Social Network > Disconnect from Facebook should sort that out for you 😉 

Peter

Peter

I was hoping to do the same thing. I have another account that I'd like to switch my premium account to but can't seem to figure out how to have it shifted from one email/facebook to another. I have playlists and such that I was hoping not to lose in the process.

If you get in touch with the customer services team directly using the online contact form they will be able to do that for you, so you can just sit back and relax until its done once you get in touch!

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Peter

Peter

Hello, I am wondering what I can do, since I deleted my facebook account associated with my Spotify account? I have a new one I want to link to, and it would suck to make a new one

Suggested posts