Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Change your avatar picture without facebook ( HOW TO)

Solved!

Change your avatar picture without facebook ( HOW TO)

Facebook is not the only option to change your avatar picture

How?
1. find out your user-id.. its is in bar were the webadress is when you logged in on spotify.com
it is a 6 sigure number in my case. Think it will always be numbers

2.  copy this link and paste your user-id at the end of it
https://community.spotify.com/t5/user/v2/avatarselectorpopuppage/user-id/  ---your user-id---

it will look something like this
https://community.spotify.com/t5/user/v2/avatarselectorpopuppage/user-id/069483

3. select the picture you want to upload and cut the picture if you want to

4. Tadaaa without facebook you can set your profile picture

MOD EDIT: 

Hey everyone

Just to clear up any confusion, this post was originally started with a handy way to upload your own picture to the Spotify Community, and use it as your avatar.

Currently, the only way to have your own image within the Spotify app is by connecting your account to Facebook.

If you'd like to see this feature in the future, make sure you add your Kudos and feedback here.

Thanks a lot.

Schermafbeelding 2014-01-24 om 11.31.52.png

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

That will only change your avatar here on the community which is completely separate to the avatar in the Spotify client.

The only way to have a profile picture in the Spotify client is to connect to Facebook.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

@carrieodell - As mentioned previously, this will only change your avatar here on the community not in the main Spotify app. Changing that setting here on the community requires a certain rank that you have not reached yet, hence the error message.

Peter

View solution in original post

41 Replies

Didnt work.

Marked as solution

That will only change your avatar here on the community which is completely separate to the avatar in the Spotify client.

The only way to have a profile picture in the Spotify client is to connect to Facebook.

Peter

seriously ?  We pay for this service and we still must use FB ???/ !!!!  Come on, it's not like Spotify aren't making enough cash to fix this small problem... There are literally thousands of people asking for the same feature and they  are just ignoring it... disgusting....

Unfortunately Spotify have said on the Ideas Topic requesting this it will not be added anytime soon:
http://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas/Picture-on-Profile/idi-p/11523

Peter

Ja, it Werked like a Kraft. ha.ha.
Danke.

Indeed. I wish they would give more options to change profile picture. Like linking Google account instead of Facebook, or just let us change profile picture without Facebook for Pete's sake. I just dislike Facebook sOoo much. I'm never going to use that service again.

(Well at least the login is not through Facebook only. That's a consolation, or I will never use Spotify.)

stupid spotify! I really love you and hate you at the same time. I pay for your not so amazing services and I still need a facebook account to upload a darn picture?? fix this you lazy assholes.  

Thanks, good to know. Means I will never be able to change it as long as connecting to Facebook is the only option. Trying to avoid getting sucked in there too much...

I should be able to upload a personal photo witchout using FB! 

I dont have or want FB. what about the other percent of your customers!?

Fix it Spotify and fix it NOW!

It said Access Denied.

Marked as solution

@carrieodell - As mentioned previously, this will only change your avatar here on the community not in the main Spotify app. Changing that setting here on the community requires a certain rank that you have not reached yet, hence the error message.

Peter

I typed it in it said access denied

I have used every other service (rdio, beats music) and they all allow you to customize your profile. Yeah they may not have as big of a music library which is why I switched back to spotify but it was nice to be able to make it my own and without the use of that **bleep**ty service facebook. I wonder what kind of a **bleep**ty deal spotify has with facebook. SPOTIFY STOP BEING ASSHOLES AND LET ME UPLOAD MY OWN IMAGE TO MY PROFILE WITHOUT FACEBOOK!!!!!!

hey Spotify, is this function really that HARD to do? This is actually one of the basic criteria for any social platform. By ignoring this, you guys are seriously removing one of the most crucial 'UX' behaviour. Many users will lose their sense of individuality.

For some reason I don't feel like spotify has enough personality as a service. Yeah it has a **bleep** ton of music but not allowing me to create my own profile with background and custom profile image, so i made the switch to beats music. Yeah it doesn't have the music catalog that spotify has but it has personality. The playlists feel more personal and the sentence actually works really well I am still surprised by it. So sorry spotify it doesn't seem like you give a **bleep** about your subscribers. We have been asking you for this one thing for years and it's something that should have been put in day one but whatever partnership you have with **bleep**ty facebook seems more important so whatever. I will take my money somewhere else.

agree!!

what a joke, i just cut my membership only because i couldnt unlink my old facebook accont. spotify this is such an easy step. a basic web designer could do it. apple is soon to jump into the music streaming game, i think i will have a new home soon. thanks.

Your Little cheat code thing doesn't work it will not show my number so I can't use it in the first place

And To Spotify instead of sitting on you fat arses watching television and eating McDonalds how about changing it so you can upload your own profile picture or are your programmers to bad at coding (probably the case)

If the majority of people said no don't change then don't change but that is not the case.

I think what is really the case is that facebook is paying you to keep it that way. I can't believe you would lower yourself to being kept alive by facebook. Relly Spotify this is just sad.

Suggested posts