Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Changing account information so I can get [student] premium... so frustrating

Changing account information so I can get [student] premium... so frustrating

I really feel dumb right now because I can't find the solution to this... I tried to take the "lazy way" of registering for Spotify with my Facebook account. Turns out I cannot upgrade this account to the Student Premuim? I would now like to upgrade but not have to start all over with my account, so I was wondering if there was a remedy that Spotify has to "convert" the account type? I've searched the help community but I didn't find the exact answer... and the most "helpful" solution is to contact Spotify directly.... But I can't do that with this account [that I'm posting from now].

It's really weird to separate certain features like this in my opinion.... Even though I'm signed up for Spotify Community, I guess I don't have a password... because though I can log-in to the community with the Facebook Account, I don't see anywhere for me to change the password in the setting

I have built a fairly extensive library and it would be a huge pain to rebuild all my playlists.... there has to be a way....?

Thanks in advance.

4 Replies

Sorry for the trouble!

Yes, you can still get the student discount with your Facebook account.

There is currently a glitch with the student discount page for some people. The website team is still trying to fix it.

I suggest you contact support so they can help you

https://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-support/

If you get an automated reply email telling you to check the help section or the community, you need to reply back to it.

Support usually replies within 24-48 hours.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Thanks for the reply, but that is part of my problem... if I click on your link right now, it will take me to a page to log in again... except that the option to do so via a facebook account does not even appear. THIS is more the part that befuddles me currently, as I am already logged in (obviously) to the community, yet I have to log in again to contact support?

Try this contact link:

https://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-anonymous/

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

THANK YOU!!!

Suggested posts