Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Changing country without changing credit card information

Solved!

Changing country without changing credit card information

Hi everyone,

I was living in Canada and I have a premium account paid by my credit card from Canada. I am right now living in Brazil, but I kept my credit card from Canada and I don't have any from Brazil.

When I follow all the links that can help me change the country I am in it wont works. At the end, I have a message that tells me that I have to contact support info to help me change my country. I did it but didn't have any news from them yet. I reply to the automatic message I got, like a lot of people told me to, but stil have not any news from them.

The thing is, here in Brazil they have songs that are not accessible in Canada. One of my friend shared with me a song but I couldn't listen to it because my settings are in Canada and not Brazil. My ip adress is from Brazil and no I don't use any proxy or thing like that that could hide my IP adress from spotify.

I know that the only thing that block me is that my credit card information is still from Canada. But I don't have a credit card from Brazil and I wont have one either.

My case number is  #: 03561565

Can someone please do something? 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

You are ONLY able to play music from the country of your credit card. Thats all. 

View solution in original post

17 Replies

Hi! You don't need to change your country 🙂 Changing your country is only needed if you want to pay with a different curency and if you want to pay with another credit card on another country. Spotify Premium works abroad so there's no need to change. Hope this helps 🙂

No, this not help at all.

I need to change it because I want to listen to the musci my friend send to me. And since my spotify is Canada these song can't be played in my spotify. But since spotify is in Brazil he can play them on his.

My spotify tells me that these song are not available in my country. So I want to change country so I will be able to listen to these songs here in Brazil!

If you want to change your country, then you should change your payment details because you need to also pay with the currency of the same country. So, the only workaround is having a credit card on brazil to pay premium on it or buy a prepaid card. Hope this helps 🙂

No this not help.

I am here for a couples of months. I am not a permanent resident here. So it is not possible for me to ask for a credit card in Brazil. So I can't pay with a credit card from Brazil. But I live here. So I want to change my country to Brazil.

I know that some others had the sam problem then me with exchange student and all. And someone from the support team change manually there country. So that's what I want, but nobody answered me.

Hi. Changing country only works if you also change your payment details on premium because you can only use premium with the country Brazil if your payment details are also Brazil. You need to pay for premium on the same currency. Did you understand?

But if I had a free account I would have any credit card there and Spotify would detect my ip adress so the songs that I look for would be available. But since I am a premium and I pay for this then Spotify only wants me to be in Canada... This make no sens.

I can't pay in the current money of Brazil because I don't have any credit card from there. The system should know automatically with my ip adress that I am in another country. Exactly the same way Netflix knows it.

So, thanks for trying to helping me but this doesn't work at all. So if anyone else could help I would appreciate it.

Hi there,

Please take a look at this article:
https://support.spotify.com/us/learn-more/faq/#!/article/How-can-I-change-my-country-setting

That probably solves most of your questions.

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
Last.fm | Twitter

Backstage Intro - Meet Jordi!
What's it like to be in a Spotify Office?

Did I help? Please add a like!
Did I solve your issue? Please accept as the solution!

No this is not helping either. Like I alreayd said, I try all this alreay but when I choose Brazil it says that I need to contact the support info because the change can't be done. And I don't have any news from the support info yet.

Have you replied to the automated e-mail? If not, just reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the employees will get back to you as soon as possible.

Spotify usually responds within 24-48 hours.

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
Last.fm | Twitter

Backstage Intro - Meet Jordi!
What's it like to be in a Spotify Office?

Did I help? Please add a like!
Did I solve your issue? Please accept as the solution!

Yes I did, but it's been already 3 days and no answer yet from them.

Hey @c4toux

Apologies for the delay. I've ensured your case is with the right team - they'll reach out to you shortly with an update.

I have the same problem, is there a solution ? 

Marked as solution

You are ONLY able to play music from the country of your credit card. Thats all. 

Thanks for the answer.  Really helpful !

But if there is no solution to this problem, Why should we still pay for a service who does't deliver what the clients wants ?  

The are other good competitors , Soundcloud , Apple music …

They work for the same system. Music catalogs are differ depend on the country

The problem is not the Catalog , the problem is that i can not pay spotifi "Priemium" in Germany ( for the German catalog ) with  a payment from other country althogh my IP says that I am clearly here.

I don't think it's possible. Since geo restricting media and copyrighting to specify regions of the world, the only way to submit that you have the right to listen to music that is intended for your region is a valid payment method.

Suggested posts