Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Controling your iPod with an iPad ios8 FAIL!!!

Controling your iPod with an iPad ios8 FAIL!!!

I have an Ipad 3 and ipod touch 5th gen.

BEFORE the stupid ios8 upgrade for the ipad I could control my ipod that was connected to my amp without any issues.

Now sync is sluggish to say the least and jumping from radio to lists causes all problems.

But here a issue that happens ALL the time:

Connect ipod to spotify OK

Connect ipad to spotify OK

IPad sees Ipod.

Press song or list and music comes from amp with ipod connected OK

Now select new song from list. Bit a sec or two of delay but will play song selected OK (before ios8 upgrade was INSTANT change)

NOW select ANY list (like today's Hit songs) select a song and THEN select NEXT (arrow)

Ipad will respond but ipod will NOT and Ipad spotify will loose connection to Ipod Spotify.

Try any song nothing But after minute or so Spotify ipod will ask you if you want to control music from Ipad again and REPLAY in a serial mess of continuing press of ALL the buttons you were pressing on your ipad trying to control the spotify on your ipod.

Please DO something because remote cotrol now is USELESS.

I can always blame Apple but now the ball is in your court. I WANNA keep my premium spotify.

This issue is changing my mind!

Regards

CK

2 Replies

I'm not having any issues using an iPad 3 and my iPhone 5S since iOS 8. Have you tried restarting both devices (home and lock buttons until apple logo appears on screen)?

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Hi, I tried reset even re-install of spotify on both devices. You forget that while BOTH of your devices have iOs8 running mine one is ios8.0.2 and the other ios 6.1.6 (the iPod Touch) Have to say that the spotify on iPod touch was little unstable from time to time with id the account (ie slow to identify) Note that both devices running spotify ok (except the little sluggish ipod version still runs ok)

Suggested posts