Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Country Issue

Solved!

Country Issue

Just like everyone else here Spotify keeps saying my country of residence is Canada. It's not. I'm from the USA. Even more baffling is the fact that I've never once left my country. I've gone to account settings and tried to change countries and it doesn't give me any other options. All I get is Canada. With all due respect, which is none by the way, you can feic right off m8. Like, how hard is it to either, A. Give me an option to select my country of residence before my account is officially created, or, B. Allow me to have more than one country available to switch to when it inevitably messes up my location? I've tried the support center -which is useless by the way- and none of it even comes close to helping. What even.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Use VPN for this. There is no way without it.
Expert

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Hey @Licklick1,

Really sorry to hear you are having some problems with your country settings, sometimes the system gets confused..:(

Can you please confirm if you are connected to the internet via VPN if you are this might be the reason.

Thanks,

If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution! If you like my post - Please add Kudos!

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?!
Follow me: Snapchat | Twitter | I'm a Blackstar!

I do not have a VPN Connection as far as I can tell. Nor do I have a functioning laptop or computer. I have my phone which is what I've been using.

@Licklick1, this *could* be the reason behind it not working. If you can try it on a computer then please do! 🙂

If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution! If you like my post - Please add Kudos!

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?!
Follow me: Snapchat | Twitter | I'm a Blackstar!

Marked as solution

Use VPN for this. There is no way without it.
Expert

@Licklick1

Most of those problems come from a difference between the country shown by the IP address, and the one in your profile.

First, check your IP address here

After that, compare it to the country shown in your profile.

Finally, you have payment info entered, it must match your country in profile too.

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hi guys, I'm using Spotify from Job and from home ...all the day.. but I have a big issue related to the country .. the Internet Service provider @work come out from the Netherland ..but I live in Italy and when I'm out of my company my country should be/ must be set correctly to Italy ....how to solve this issue ? I have in one way or in the other always an error on my login due to the wrong country set in my profile

@dmontema

The best option would be to become Premium, if you enjoy the service enough to pay for it. 🙂

Another option would be to have two separate accounts, one for your home use and one for work, each with a different country.

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts