Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Country issue

Solved!

Country issue

I am in Canada and signed up for the free account and all was well until a couple of days ago when it gave me the error message trying to log in telling me I could only use it for 14 days outside my country. It has me listed as living in the US (haven't even been there in years) and when I go to change the country under my profile I can't as the drop down menu is greyed out. I can't get this fixed and need a solution please. Very frustrating.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I've just changed the country on your account to Canada for you 🙂

View solution in original post

11 Replies
Marked as solution

I've just changed the country on your account to Canada for you 🙂

Thank you so much 🙂

I have a similar problem where my spotify premium account and payment method are set up in the uk, and when I moved to hong kong I tired to change my payment method to a hong kong credit card the system asked me for hk zipcode which is not applicable here. And whatever I entered it just says page error. Please advice :S

I have the exact problem as Susanlangille. I signed up in Canada, where I live, but they gave me a USA country code. I used up my 14 day trial and now I cannot change the country, it's greyed out. Could you please switch my country to Canada as you did for her. Thanks!

@Chrissy02 - Are you definitely accessing that page from a Canadian IP address? We have seen quite a lot of issues caused by Canadian customers using browser extensions to make them appear in the USA (eg. For netflix etc).

@bigdot - If you drop the payments team a quick email using the online contact form they will be able to lend a hand to get you up and running. 

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Yes, I am accessing from a Canadian IP address.

@Chrissy02 - In that case I would suggest that you get in touch with Spotify support directly so they can swap it over manually for you. There are several ways to get in touch!

If you have Twitter, following and dropping a Tweet to @SpotifyCares (English), @SpotifyAyuda (Spanish) or @SpotifyAjuda (Portuguese) is often the fastest way to get a reply and they can deal with the majority of issues excluding payment/billing issues.

Alternatively, you can email them (in any language) using the online contact form. There is also a special contact form if you can't remember your login details or the email address on your account is incorrect. The contact form support team should be able to handle absolutely any issue you are having!

When getting in touch via the contact forms, if you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the support agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I am encountering the same problem. I have just moved to the UK from Australia and when I try to change my country the drop down menu is greyed out. When I select change my payment method hot link under the greyed out drop down (mobile site via iPhone) it just redirects back to the main page. Would be grateful for help.

I'm having an issue quite similar. I'm in the US visiting family, but created a free acount through Facebook while living in Australia.

I found I had to go change my profile settings to US, and when I click on the drop box, I choose USA and then click SAVE CHANGES. The problem I'm having is when I try and save the changes, the page reloads and displays a red text stating "Spoitfy does not work in your country."

How am I supposed to fix this?! HELP!!!

I have the same issue, I tried to change the country in my account setting, but I always receive the same error message. I live in canada, but the facebook log in registered me in the US for some reason. When I want to pay for a subscription with a canadian postal code there is an error message... sorry, Spotify is not available in your country

Can you please modify my account settings to Canada?

Guess I'll keep using Pandora (because it actually works). If it's not a login issue, such as being told I'm offline when I'm not, or a Country login issue it's something else. It's a shame because I liked being able to use the app on my PS4, and the app is nice.

Suggested posts