Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Credit Card fraud related to downloading Spotify & sync to my iphone 5

Solved!

Credit Card fraud related to downloading Spotify & sync to my iphone 5

My bank alerted me to Credit Card fradulent charge this afternoon. Luckily, the charge was blocked and cancelled. I have not used my CC in a week, and the only new piece of software was Spotify downloaded from this site. Spotify asked me to connect my iphone to sync. I have never entered a single piece of banking information towards any Spotify account ever. The app has been on my phone for years, but just yesterday I added Spotify to my computer, and today I have Credit Card fraud. 

This is different from the usual posts about fraud.  Nothing is from Spotify directly.  Whoever accessed my information tried to purchase a CyberFreak.biz domain.  

Please alert your team to possible leaks in your downloads.

I've done several scans of my computer and found no traces of any infection.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi, and welcome to the community!

I suggest you submit an online contact form; and someone at Spotify can forward this to the appropriate people so they can check for any exploits.

If you get an automated reply; make sure to reply to it directly (even if it's from a no reply); and it will be sent to the Spotify staff.

Anthony 🙂

This post was by Taylor - I do not work for Spotify!
If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution! If you like my post - Please add Kudos!
||  Spotify Profile - Taylor   |  Feel free to PM me - Here  ||

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi, and welcome to the community!

I suggest you submit an online contact form; and someone at Spotify can forward this to the appropriate people so they can check for any exploits.

If you get an automated reply; make sure to reply to it directly (even if it's from a no reply); and it will be sent to the Spotify staff.

Anthony 🙂

This post was by Taylor - I do not work for Spotify!
If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution! If you like my post - Please add Kudos!
||  Spotify Profile - Taylor   |  Feel free to PM me - Here  ||

I think it was just a coincidence that the fraud happened after downloading Spotify.

It is likely that the information was stolen from a place other than Spotify since you did not have any credit card details linked to Spotify. 

Credit card fraud is on the rise and it is a big problem right now. People get random fraud all the time even if they have never given the credit card information to any company. Just make sure to closely monitor what companies you give your info to and regularly check your bills for any suspicious activity.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Thank you for replying Matt, but I feel you missed the point. Or somehow didn't read half of the post.

Yes, I read the whole thing.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts