Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Deactivating Spotify

Deactivating Spotify

Can anyone tell me how to deactivate Spotify completely?! I can't use it at all! I tried upgrading to premium so I can use it on my phone, but I can't pay for it because I live in the UK and only have US credit cards (which is very stupid by the way). I don't understand why we are automatically forced to sign up under another country. That should be the choice of the customer! Otherwise, it's pointless to have it. If there won't be any changes, or if I'm not atleast able to change my country so that I can use the app I don't want to be associated with it at all!!!

1 Reply

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

Unfortunately the country restrictions are enforced by the record labels as content and licensing varies between regions. Forcing your credit card and account to be registered in the same country also helps cut down on card fraud. 

Since you said you are in the UK, you don't need a credit card to subscribe. You can purchase gift cards from a number of high street retailers which you can then redeem against your account. Since you are buying on the high street, you can use whatever payment method you like.

If you would still like to close your account, have a read at this topic.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Suggested posts