Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Deleting Account

Solved!

Deleting Account

Hi I would like to permanently delete my spotify account for I have a new one so I want to delete the old one. I received an automated mail saying that i have to be here in the community support but still my account is still active. Please help me do such thing.

My account is (jeizhamei) Thank you!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

This doesn't work.  If you go there, it redirects you to the link below.  You can click Accounts & Payments, and then I want to permanently close my Spotify account.  Then you have only one solution, "How can I close my Spotify account?"  Only this actually takes you to a page that says, hope you don't want to do this, if you're just trying to cancel premium go here.  Otherwise go back to your other tab and fill out a form.  Well there is no "other tab" except the one on the page with the only solution of "How can I close my Spotify account."

https://support.spotify.com/us/contact-spotify-support/

This could be one of the most frustrating experience I've had with a product before...

Edit: Clicking "I Still Need Help" gets you an automated reply telling you to go check the support pages.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Just go to https://www.spotify.com/us/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-support/?contact and request for account deletion 🙂

Marked as solution

This doesn't work.  If you go there, it redirects you to the link below.  You can click Accounts & Payments, and then I want to permanently close my Spotify account.  Then you have only one solution, "How can I close my Spotify account?"  Only this actually takes you to a page that says, hope you don't want to do this, if you're just trying to cancel premium go here.  Otherwise go back to your other tab and fill out a form.  Well there is no "other tab" except the one on the page with the only solution of "How can I close my Spotify account."

https://support.spotify.com/us/contact-spotify-support/

This could be one of the most frustrating experience I've had with a product before...

Edit: Clicking "I Still Need Help" gets you an automated reply telling you to go check the support pages.

Did you click the "I still need help" button? Clicking it will show a box in which you can write Spotify anything that you want to say. "form in your other browser window" is the tab where you clicked "How do I close my Spotify Account?". The support page is not yet updated but clicking "I still need help" which is a green button below "How do I close my Spotify Account?" will let you send Spotify that you want to delete your account. Hope this helps 🙂

Edit: Even if it's an automated reply, you can reply to that again (Even if it says no-reply) and the Spotify Support team will get to you.

Thanks Duane.  I did fill it in previously, but got a email from no-reply-support@spotify.com, which is why I was confused as to who I was supposed to communicate with.  It appears it just took a while for them to reply to my actual note in the field. 

Suggested posts