Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Deleting your account

Deleting your account

Hi everyone!

So some of you will be visiting these forums looking to delete your account. 

First, is there something we can help with? If you're just having trouble with your account, I'd having a quick search on these forums first. Odds are the solution is here and we're happy to help.

If not, you can check out these steps!

Thanks.

1,093 Replies

Hi urealmad- I've just sent you another message. If you have any other questions drop us an email. 

I would like to delete my account, but I cannot login to FB. Is there anyway you could help me out?

Email ********* [at] *****. I could PM you more info if needed.

I've emailed your company, but havent received a response yet.

I think I may have put this in the wrong area.

Thanks

thomas

Hi duckboy74 - I can't seem to find a case from you. The only we can help with deleting account is via email. 

Please try our contact form again. If you receieve an automated just reply again. 

I need my account deleted please. Will it be possible to scavenge a playlist after i delete the account?

Hi Blainryd - The only way we can proceed here is through the contact form. The CS team can remove that account after confirming some details.

Honestly ! This is fricking horrible !!!

Why the hell do I need to beg to close my darn account???

I will *NEVER* *EVER* use this darn service, let alone part with any of my money.

I can't imagine the nightmare of trying to cancel a paid subscription.

(And we thought facebook was bad)

Hello,

I am attempting to change my account type. I no longer want to log in to Spotify using my facebook account. I have deleted my facebook account and, therefore, Spotify no longer recongnizes my account. Ideally, I would just delete my current account and create a new account with the non-facebook account type. However, despite two attempts to contact Spotify over the past week, I haven't received any sort of response and, therefore, cannot delete my account. Not even a generic "we received your message" response. Secondly, I can't just create a new account because my e-mail address is currently being used by my previous facebook-type account. Spotify won't allow a new account to be created under an e-mail address that is already being used. Lastly, as a Spotify premium user, I have now been paying for a service for over a week that I have not been able to use. Please contact me so we can resolve this issue quickly.

@user-removed wrote:

Hello,

I am attempting to change my account type. I no longer want to log in to Spotify using my facebook account. I have deleted my facebook account and, therefore, Spotify no longer recongnizes my account. Ideally, I would just delete my current account and create a new account with the non-facebook account type. However, despite two attempts to contact Spotify over the past week, I haven't received any sort of response and, therefore, cannot delete my account. Not even a generic "we received your message" response. Secondly, I can't just create a new account because my e-mail address is currently being used by my previous facebook-type account. Spotify won't allow a new account to be created under an e-mail address that is already being used. Lastly, as a Spotify premium user, I have now been paying for a service for over a week that I have not been able to use. Please contact me so we can resolve this issue quickly.

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

How have you been trying to contact Spotify directly? 

If you have been using the online contact form, you should get an email as soon as the form is submitted. 

If not you can get in touch with the customer services team directly using the online contact form and they will be able to assist you further with this.

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I downloaded Spotify but now I don't want to so I want it gone permanently. It still pops up whenever I log in and I want it to go away. Any help would suffice. Thank you. 😄

I used spotify for +/- 1 year now.  I disconnected facebook from my spotify account. A couple minutes later my account logged itself off. I wanted to log in with my email and password but when I logged in a new account appeared and all my playlist where gone. I tried to log in with my username and password but spotify denied and said I had to change my prox institutions or my fire wall institutions. 

Can someone please help me so I can have my account back and my playlists?

@meahtenoha wrote:

Hi everyone! So some of you will be visiting these forums looking to delete your account. 

First, is there something we can help with? If you're just having trouble with your account, I'd having a quick search on these forums first. Odds are the solution is here. 

Ready to delete your account? Just hop over to our our contact form

Please note! Some of you may receive an auto-response directing you back to the Community.

Don't fret. If you reply directly to that email your message will reach one of our friendly agents.

Hi miestache - What you need to do is follow the steps outlined in this post here using your 'miestache' username. 

Hi!

Have been using spotify premium for long time, at the moment I'm not using it so much so it feels unnecessary to pay for it right now. I want to make my subscription to a spotify free instead but all I can find is to delete the account, is it the same thing as making my account to a spotify free? 🙂 

@sannelarsen wrote:

Hi!

Have been using spotify premium for long time, at the moment I'm not using it so much so it feels unnecessary to pay for it right now. I want to make my subscription to a spotify free instead but all I can find is to delete the account, is it the same thing as making my account to a spotify free? 🙂 

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

No, deleting your account is not the same as making it go back to Spotify free. 

In fact, going back to the free version is much easier! All you need to do to get back to Spotify free is cancel your current subscription from your cancellation page. Once you have done that, your account will automatically revert to Spotify free once all the premium days you have already paid for are used up. 

Peter

Peter

I am also trying to delete my account! I please do this ASAP!

@Chickens6 wrote:

I am also trying to delete my account! I please do this ASAP!

Have you followed all the steps in the first post?

Peter

Peter

I need help deleting our account. We created a new email specifically for spotify and now do not know the email address, therefore, we cannot login to our account. We have asked numerous times for the account to be closed as we keep getting charged and have not been able to use the service for the past six months! We have been told that the charges cannot stop because we do not know the login! We can easily give you the credit information you are using to charge us and you can easily stop the charges using that information. Can someone please assist??

@Adstill wrote:
I need help deleting our account. We created a new email specifically for spotify and now do not know the email address, therefore, we cannot login to our account. We have asked numerous times for the account to be closed as we keep getting charged and have not been able to use the service for the past six months! We have been told that the charges cannot stop because we do not know the login! We can easily give you the credit information you are using to charge us and you can easily stop the charges using that information. Can someone please assist??

Have you been in touch via our contact form ?

Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips

I have a question. Can you tell me plain and simply how to delete my account? I'm sick of it not working properly every few days!

Hi lbt222 - I've covered how to remove your account in this first post of the thread: 

http://community.spotify.com/t5/Accounts-and-Subscriptions/Deleting-your-account/td-p/173950

hi

i have sent several deletion request via your contact form. will i be informed when my account is deleted?
also just wanted to note, that this is the worst deleting account procedure  that i have ever seen. 

Suggested posts