Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Deleting your account

Deleting your account

Hi everyone!

So some of you will be visiting these forums looking to delete your account. 

First, is there something we can help with? If you're just having trouble with your account, I'd having a quick search on these forums first. Odds are the solution is here and we're happy to help.

If not, you can check out these steps!

Thanks.

1,093 Replies

@user-removed wrote:

hi

i have sent several deletion request via your contact form. will i be informed when my account is deleted?
also just wanted to note, that this is the worst deleting account procedure  that i have ever seen. 

Did you receive an auto-response directing you back to the Community?

If so just reply directly to that email. Your message will reach one of our friendly agents.

i have received an auto response to every single message. first one directed me to the community, the next ones had also "We just wanted to let you know that we're looking into your query and we will get back to you as soon as possible. To ensure that our reply reaches your inbox, add support@spotify.com to your spam filter's whitelist." ensure me - you are telling me that i should reply to an email sent from "noreply-support@spotify.com" that explicitly says: "Don't get caught in cyber-space: This is an automated e-mail so please don't reply to it." is it a joke?

Proszę o usunięcie mego konta z waszego serwisu.

usuńcie moje konto

asdasdz - I can see you've received a response from our agents. We can continue helping via that email thread. 

greggy39 - Cześć! At this time our Community is officially supported in English. For now, if you want to ask a question in Polish, just to go to our contact page.

From there our foreign language team can lend a hand. Dzięki!

please delete my account and all my data

@greggy39 wrote:

please delete my account and all my data

Please follow the steps outlined in my first post here to remove your account: 

http://community.spotify.com/t5/Accounts-and-Subscriptions/Deleting-your-account/td-p/173950

completed form please delete your account

Hi,

i've seen the FAQ to cancel my account before the free exiration date. But it is impossible!

i used the form! i wayt your reply soon. PLEASE DELETE MY ACCOUNT NOW

Valentina

Hi valentinagsxr - I can see we were able to help after receiving your email. All should be sorted now. 

Anyone else looking to delete their account should also use our contact form. We can lend a hand from there. 

Hi, I have requested to have my account deleted but have only recieved an automated reply.  Can you please get on this.. you should really have an "delete my account" option. And how will I know when it has been removed? Also what happens if I log in again.

Hi davis8888 - Please reply back to that automated reply. Your message will then reach our CS team. They can take it from there. 

Please delete my account and all its information.

@user-removed wrote:

Please delete my account and all its information.

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂

Have you followed all of the instructions in the the first post to request it be deleted? 

You need to get in touch with the customer services team since they will need to verify you are the account owner.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Hey =D

I just registered an account on another mail, but i cant reset the password and

the password i used to create the acc doesnt work.

I have sent an email to the support.

When requesting a password reset, im getting the error "seems like this took a while".

What else can i do? If you need my real email, please sent me a private message.

If you have got in touch with support, they should be able to sort it out for you 😉 

Peter

Peter

I want to cancel my account but just cannot see how to do this.  The contact form doesn't work and there are no other contact details at all.  It is immensely frustrating and I'd be really grateful if someone could email me directly to confirm that my account has been cancelled as i am continuing to pay for this service whilst trying to figure out how to cancel it!!  Many thanks

@RebekahA wrote:

I want to cancel my account but just cannot see how to do this.  The contact form doesn't work and there are no other contact details at all.  It is immensely frustrating and I'd be really grateful if someone could email me directly to confirm that my account has been cancelled as i am continuing to pay for this service whilst trying to figure out how to cancel it!!  Many thanks

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

You should be able to cancel your subscription from your subscription page

If you no longer have access to your account, get in touch using the alternative contact form and the customer services team will be able to help you out. 

Peter

Peter

HOLA, QUIERO BORRAR MI CUENTA, E ESTADO  UN DIA Y NO QUIERO MAS , E MANDADO LOS FORMULARIOS Y NADIE ATIENDEEQUIERO QUE ME BORREISS.....

Hi, i filled the online form to get my account deleted.

It's only a couple hours i know but i haven0t got any reply other than the automated one.

I need to get my account deleted so i can set up my new one with a premium subsbcription and i would like to do it as fast as possible.

Additionally i tried (in the meantime) to set up a 'new' account, linked to facebook, which uses the same mail as my old to-be-deleted one; at the moment i don't know if they are the same, which one is gonna be deleted (and if) and when i can finally set up my new one.

I'd really like to talk with someone about it.

Thanks

Suggested posts